1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks to be Year Round

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by NJOssie, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoreAbv

MoreAbv Aficionado (145) California Jan 28, 2013

I have yet to try a Lag sucks but from all the hype, its the real deal. I glad Lag is making this a full time brew.
  2. Yes, I just found out this past weekend that Jubelation was getting Lagunitas. Didn't know about Kelly's. Very cool. Now if we can only get Firestone Walker to come to New Mexico we would have a good selection.
  3. IPANinja

IPANinja Disciple (55) Illinois Sep 24, 2010

I wonder if it will happen once they open up in Chicago.
  4. It won't be available year round though. We sold 40 cases of the last batch in 2 days. They will not be able to keep up.
  5. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I don't think the hype train would be able to keep up that speed though... eventually it would plateau if it were a year-round because people would know it will be on the shelf the next time they're at the store.

Because it's so limited, people are buying more than a small supply. Heck, I bought a case! I never buy cases!
    digdug1810 and WhiteJordan like this.
  6. potteryboy

potteryboy Aficionado (140) Alabama Jul 17, 2009

Love this stuff! Picked up 2 case on my travels last week. Love that it'll be year round, but the idea of 32 ouncers SUCKS!
    nickapalooza86 likes this.
  7. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Initiate (0) Arizona Dec 8, 2010

This is there best beer bar none, There regular IPA is delicious as well. Keep up the good work Lagunitas, I will keep buying!
    highdesertdrinker likes this.
  8. I have places I can pick up most of the Lagunitas offerings but have not seen a single place even selling Sucks yet. Anyone in Pittsburgh area seen it?
  9. I can think of worse things than having to down a quart of Sucks on a Friday night. Sharing with a friend is not a bad option either and I would love it if my local Safeway would carry it so I can pick one up at my leisure like I currently do with Arrogant Bastard.
  10. Tony posted this on Twitter yesterday: "We just approved the 32oz glass mold for d boss Sucks bottle! This'll be fun. For a night with a bomber, it'll be 1&done."
  11. Smokin Joes on the South Side had it on tap a couple days ago. Probably still got it there. Also, I know that a distributor in Washington county is expecting to get some cases tomorrow. So places in Allegheny county should have it to.
  12. Ow so it's on it's way yeah? Good to know thanks!
  13. pschnei3

pschnei3 Disciple (55) Ohio Nov 27, 2012

just had one yesterday and it was very good.
  14. They finally started caring Laganitus products here in Albuquerque. Kelly's liquor has the Sucks and Little Sumpin in six packs. Picked up a couple a few days ago and loved it. Just got back from my No. Cal. trip up to Drakes, Moylans, Laganitas, Russian River, Bear Republic and 21st Amendment. What an incredible time we had. Took 3 days to just get back into the swing of things again. Drinking Pliny the Younger last Sunday night unlimited was an experience I will never forget. Absolutely delicious. Stopped at Laganitus twice and couldn't stop drinking the Hopstupid on draft. Unreal.
  15. Bringing this one back to the top.... Anyone have any more info on when this will be released in the 32 ounce quart bottles???
  16. Horbar

Horbar Advocate (540) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2012

I think this news was erroneous.
  17. BeerBucks

BeerBucks Savant (490) New York Feb 18, 2012

18. I spoke with my reps last week ... Sucks will be out "before the end of the year" in 32oz bottles in Nor Cal only for a test market. San Diego will be the test market for Daytime 6pk year round. They can barely keep up production on their core stuff, so I doubt they are going to focus alot of time on Sucks or Daytime. They say before the end of the year as I think they are waiting to get their Chicago brewhouse fully functioning.
    tx_beer_man likes this.
  19. December
  20. Anyone know if sucks sixers are still going to be in the mix in addition to the 32's?
  21. spicoli00

spicoli00 Advocate (710) Indiana Jul 6, 2005

I wonder how much of this is dependent on the Chicago production facility opening. Many balls juggling Tony is.
  22. Sixers ,kegs and 32 probably in cali only. Last I heard.
    the site says.
  23. Thads324

Thads324 Savant (390) Connecticut Jan 21, 2010

hurry up lagunitas, i need sucks in my mouth hole!
    tweezer159, Duhast500, Horbar and 2 others like this.
  24. We were lucky that TW had lots of Sucks sitting around until the first week in June. Granted, it was a little 'old' by that time, but it still tasted GREAT!
    Geuzedad and Cubatobaco like this.
  25. MCain04

MCain04 Savant (390) Illinois Jan 3, 2013

I still have one lonely bottle of sucks in my fridge. I can't bring myself to drink it, knowing that once I do it would be near impossible to get it again for another 5 months. Plus someone bet me a case that I couldn't tell the difference between sucks and sumpin sumpin in a blind taste test, cant pass that up.
  26. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (800) New York Dec 13, 2009

if you don't drink it soon, it really will suck
    tx_beer_man, Geuzedad and Chrixsus like this.
  27. GIVE ME SUCKS IN CAAAAAAANS

I don't want stupid 32oz bottles.
  28. rboinski

rboinski Initiate (0) California Mar 19, 2012

It was on firkin at the taproom last week, not sure if that means anything about an upcoming release or if they just did a test batch
    BrettHead likes this.
  29. dar482

dar482 Advocate (670) New York Mar 9, 2007

I spoke to a rep in NY this weekend. He said 2014. He also said that for Daytime.

At least we have Lil Sumpin Sumpin Wild in the meantime.
  30. Dupage25

Dupage25 Savant (330) Antarctica Jul 4, 2013

They taste nothing alike.
    hoppytobehere and Big_V like this.
  31. MCain04

MCain04 Savant (390) Illinois Jan 3, 2013

my point exactly.
    Dupage25 likes this.
  32. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (405) California Dec 17, 2012

Don't worry, Hop Stoopid isn't going to be in 32oz bottles, only Sucks...
    hoppytobehere, rjknyy and cosmicevan like this.
  33. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

34. I would say they have at least a similar hop profile. Exactly the same? Well no, no beers taste exactly the same! Win that case!
  35. Daytime tastes watered down.
  36. 1fJef

1fJef Aficionado (175) Maryland May 4, 2013

Give the Lagunitas IPA some love too :(
    Yes Sucks is my fav but for year round availability and freshness
    and 7.99-$9.99 a sixer its a winner
    I actually prefer it most times to Maximus and Lil Sumpin
    Spaghett likes this.
  37. Yea maybe. but i'm in cali, usually first sucks bottle dates say 350 about on them, Might take longer to get there.
  38. Why are we guessing on this? Tony (Dogtown) reads these threads and hopefully will let us know when we can expect to see it in 32 oz. bottles. Tony?
  39. jcb7472

jcb7472 Savant (445) Florida Jul 13, 2011

I like their IPA also, but still would rank Sucks #1, Sumpin Sumpin #2 over it.
    dawatts likes this.
  40. This is good news only if they can make enough of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.