1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Lagunitas Sucks

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by bentwookie, Dec 31, 2012.

1. bentwookie

bentwookie Member

This should be showing up in spots this week. Post if you see any. Seems like HEB and Central Market may be the only places getting more than a case at a time though.(at least in Austin)
  2. raffy313

raffy313 Member

Knowing that eventually(I'm guessing spring/summer 2013) Sucks will become year round, I'm good with not panicing if I miss out on the current winter release. Being that this IS one of my favorite Lagunitas releases(if not "the" favorite), I'm more than excited to know it will soon be around on a more regular basis.
    Ford likes this.
  3. AAxsom

AAxsom Member

Had a pint at Kickbacks in Jacksonville on Christmas Eve. It definitely reminded me how much I love SUCKS!
  4. jbeezification

jbeezification Member

Its going to be a year round beer now so as stated already, I am not going to run around town trying to get it, even though it is a fantastic beer.
  5. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

I just hope that instead of year round they have staggered batches so we don't have bottles languishing on shelves al la Ruination
    Ford and bentwookie like this.
  6. Lutter

Lutter Member

With BEK insisting on delivering only 1 case per shipment to retailers of Lagunitas, I really don't think that's gonna happen when places are getting 4-8 6-packs per week. Even year-round, it might be difficult to find.
    lokieman likes this.
  7. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

I've never encountered this problem in Fort Worth. central market routinely gets 4-5 cases of their seasonals like Brown Sugga at a time. This might be because we have such few stores that actually carry good beer.

That said your point is probably entirely correct..it will be limited enough that we won't see old product. (As a side note every store in Fort Worth..kings, CM, Total, and Specs had expired Ruination bombers last check)
  8. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Member

Brown Shugga is tasty. Thought it would be a bit sweet but the sugga certainly mellows the taste. Glad I had the chance to try it.
  9. RustyP

RustyP Member

Spec's Dallas had 4-5 cases on the floor when I stopped by just before closing time tonight
  10. hankbenzenberg

hankbenzenberg Member

Total Wine in Dallas got in 15 cases. Make that..14 now.

This is one of the best beers I've had. So glad it's back.
  11. East1stgrocery

East1stgrocery Member

got one case at E1G
    bentwookie likes this.
  12. lokieman

lokieman Member

None left at Sunrise if anybody is planning on stopping by there. Only got 1 case as expected...gone in an hour.
  13. reifsnid

reifsnid Member

Damn that sucks literally. I was planning on stopping by there in about 30 mins. Hopefully it'll still be available elsewhere, but I'm not too worried since it's going to be year round now.
  14. lokieman

lokieman Member

He was saying that they are only getting 1 case a week...at least until further notice. Mentioned breaking sixers and selling singles...he might just be overreacting but who knows, might not be as plentiful as some are thinking it will be.
  15. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

Gotta love how people go effin' nuts about a beer. If a specs got a case of a beer every week and nobody was going apeshit over it, it would pile up. But the minute there is a perception that it's rare or coveted, people will step on their mother's back to get some. lol

Last year I walked in, grabbed a six pack and walked out. Now it's sounding like it'll take an act of congress...

Guess you can claim 2012 was good/bad for craft beer.
  16. Lutter

Lutter Member

Picked up 2 6-packs tonight at Holy Cow in ATX. There's still 2 left.

SLW&S apparently went through their case in 45 minutes.

They also had 1 bottle of Boulevard Chocolate Ale which I've never seen before there and is strange as it came out a WHILE back (and was recalled). I almost wanted to buy it, smash it on the floor, and leave.
  17. lokieman

lokieman Member

Holy Cow?
  18. Lutter

Lutter Member

Exactly. Google it.

EDIT: Durr. It's Wholly Cow. It's on South Lamar. Burger joint with an attached convenience store.
  19. lokieman

lokieman Member

Ahhh...didn't know there was a retail store attached to that place. And after googling it I figured that's what you meant...
  20. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Member

It's a cool little bottle shop with the added plus of some of Austin's best burgers.
  21. bentwookie

bentwookie Member

There was 1 sixer left this morning at 8 am at Wholly Cow.
  22. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

First case has came and gone at Gabriel's. Expecting more next week.
  23. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Member

Plenty at Total Wine Dallas if anyone is still looking.
    mattisloco likes this.
  24. mymasterpiece75

mymasterpiece75 Member

Anybody know when/if this hits Houston?
  25. obrike

obrike Member

Picked up a sixer at HEB Specs thanks to a shout out from Scott the beer guy. Even found a random bottle of Pumkinator on the shelf. Nice score for NFL wild card weekend. Go Texans!
  26. desputingrasputin

desputingrasputin Member

I must find this HEB Specs!
    jbeezification, obrike and lokieman like this.
  27. obrike

obrike Member

LOL...sorry...the buzz has set in. Round Rock Specs sir.
  28. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Member

Dang, I was at the Round Rock Specs last night and didn't see any Lagunitas Sucks. I love that beer though. Hopefully it makes it to Waco and Temple.
  29. obrike

obrike Member

Always talk with Scott the beer guy...there may have been some in the back.
    ThirdEyePA likes this.
  30. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Member

Yea, I didn't see him around. It was like 8:30 or so. I'll be keeping an eye out for it though.
  31. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

Any Houston sightings?
  32. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Member

I'm hoping to see some, but if not I'm glad I got to try Brown Shugga. Happy with my Sumpin Sumpin in the fridge.
  33. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Member

I got lucky tonight and found some at E1G while grabbing some Sculpin, There was at least one more 6er.
  34. Lutter

Lutter Member

Well... there WAS another 6-er.
    Chuk_Hell and ShameAndFailure like this.
  35. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Member

Was at Total Wine Dallas today and they still have plenty of Sucks as well as an abundance of Victory at Sea.
  36. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

I keep hearing tomorrow for Houston. Hope its true.
  37. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Member

Their beer rep at Spces downtown said later on this week. Hearing that for a while now.
  38. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

Sounds like Sucks and Abyss will both be here "next week" if, next week ever gets here.
  39. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Gabriel's got a case of Sucks on Friday. I didn't post it because it was gone in less than an hour. Hoping for more this week, and maybe Abyss.
  40. East1stgrocery

East1stgrocery Member

1 6er left at e1g, and that sucks :p