Lagunitas Sucks

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by ucsbmullet, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Aficionado (230) Colorado Feb 29, 2012

I have an app for it.

2. Fitshaced

New case is stamped 058=Feb 27th:). What is that 9 days old:D

FishPondManager and SalukiAlum like this.
  3. Any sightings in the city, like Argonaut?

4. Picked up a case of the Feb 27th batch today at Argonaut for $38 ($9.50/sixer). Looked like they had plenty.

5. AHouseOnFire

AHouseOnFire Aspirant (35) Colorado Feb 11, 2013

4 cases up in Louisville @ Centennial.

6. denver10

denver10 Champion (910) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Just bought a single of Sucks solely based upon the love it gets on this site. Hope it lives up to the hype.

7. bbfc

bbfc Aficionado (140) Colorado Mar 4, 2013

If anyone is looking in Fort Collins, Aggie Liquors on Mulberry had a couple six packs when I was there.

narayan likes this.
  8. narayan

narayan Aficionado (180) Georgia Jun 28, 2007

nice, walking distance from my house

9. Ciani

Ciani Zealot (85) Missouri Jul 8, 2009

was at argo on tuesday.

10. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (175) Colorado May 14, 2012

South of town, Lukas has it

11. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (550) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Talking like it's a rare beer :confused:

Mebuzzard likes this.
  12. SalukiAlum

I see it often up here in Ft. Collins and plenty of it. I'm thinking it's going to be year around? (although eventually going to bombers)

13. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (180) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

Not bombers 32 ounce bottles.

14. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (175) Colorado May 14, 2012

I've seen many many stores who don't have Sucks tho...seems to me like you still have to know where to go to get it for some reason.

15. stuart3368

stuart3368 Savant (265) Colorado Jan 3, 2011

Just bought some today in NW Denver. Bottle date is 2/27

16. Dolph1979

Dolph1979 Aficionado (135) Colorado Nov 28, 2011

I have been seeing it everywhere lately, even in Aurora! I think the goal is to make it a year rounder, but distributors just started getting the new shipments in the last few weeks, I had a case special ordered for me and have been seeing it everywhere since my "special order" came in!

SalukiAlum likes this.
  17. I'd be in heaven if they made the six packs year-round.

SalukiAlum likes this.
  18. Any sightings recently? Has there been a newer batch than Feb 27th to hit Denver?

19. I'm having my third and last for the evening from the two sixers my lovely wife bought at Argonaut at roughly 6 PM tonite. First three numbers are 061 which I believe translates to March 2, the 61st day of this non-leap year? (complete code is 0619511103)

20. Cool, gonna hit up Argonaut tomorrow and see if they still have it. Thanks!

21. Looks like Lukas got in a bunch of freshies.

ucsbmullet and hopfacebrew like this.
  22. Oh yeah...and Lukas has a sale on Lagunitas. Get it for $2 cheaper. Boom!

23. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

still plenty @ argonaut yesterday, dollar off sale on lagunitas as well.

hoppytobehere likes this.
  24. Fitshaced

Just an update, My buddy was at Lagunitas today. They Stopped Brewing it in March. So whatever is left is it probably until late this year..

25. Fitshaced

Agree, I was really hoping it had become a year round beer. It should be.. I hope the 32oz bottles are a good value but i have my doubts.. Guess we will see hopefully later this year.. It is my fave beer right now. I have been drinking as much as i can get..

hopfacebrew likes this.
  26. Damn, that's a bummer. For the price and availability, those 6 packs are incredible. Guess it's back to Odell IPA for my go-to, which isn't a bad thing.

hopfacebrew likes this.
  27. SalukiAlum

I'm sad to report there is no Sucks left in Ft. Collins :( If only I would have known I would have stocked up! Going to miss the 6 packs, not looking forward to bombers but will purchase none the less.

28. ablackshear

ablackshear Savant (260) Colorado Sep 17, 2010

When I look at Untappd and don't see you drinking a Sucks I wonder if I should file a missing persons report

SalukiAlum likes this.
  29. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (315) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

Thanks to everyone posting so profusely in this thread, I've had to go buy yet another 6er of Sucks. And after having it again, it just made me wonder why I hadn't purchased more.

30. Picked up 2 more sixers of the 061 batch this afternoon at Argonaut. I also emailed Lagunitas about future Sucks in Denver, and their response was:

hopfacebrew and joshclauss like this.
  31. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

that sucks

scray24 likes this.
  32. Fitshaced

Hey Aaron! I didn't know you were on Untappd. Are we friends on there if not shoot me FR.. The guy that has the most check-Ins is actually my best buddy:D

Also i heard that by popular demand Sucks will be back in 6 packs as well as bombers when it returns....

33. ablackshear

ablackshear Savant (260) Colorado Sep 17, 2010

we're friends on there, blactuary with the Tyrone Biggums avatar

34. Anyone know when we'll see Sucks return? Couldn't find any recent news after doing a quick search.

35. Wondering the same thing myself

36. I don't think so, from earlier in the same thread Tony Magee said this:

About Sucks; There have been two impediments. #1. Hop availability, but harvest is now in! We bought a lot of what we needed so we're ready to rock, except for #2. Capacity availability, but Chicago will begin brewing beer by late January. That was delayed because I had to increase the planned opening capacity several times there and that wrought some substantial re-dos which are time-sucks.

We're going to run the first fill of the 32oz Sucks next week. We did a water test on the change parts a couple of weeks ago, so we're ready but the capacity thing will constrain the distro to N. Cal until Chicago is alive and puking up real beer. Cheers.

So looks like limited to Northern California until Chicago is on-line. They are serving it in Petaluma and there are pics in that same thread, posted by Tony yesterday or today of quart bottles on the conveyor...but sounds like February for us.

37. Yeah I saw. Soon is certainly wishful thinking but at least it's good to have some confirmation that it's being brewed. Can't wait for it to hit locally. Cheers!