1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lakefront Brewery 4 new beers for 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Westuh, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Westuh

Westuh Savant (335) Wisconsin Oct 9, 2012

THANAT0PSIS likes this.
  2. Love Lakefront's beers, though unfortunately here in MA, the only two I have been able to find is their IPA and Fixed Gear. Both were great and their IPA amazing.

3. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Savant (370) Wisconsin Apr 13, 2010

Is the imperial stout in stores?

4. The Cherry Lager and the Cream City Pale Ale are the only 2 that I've seen in South Carolina.

5. Nice, that stout sounds interesting. Can't wait to see what the other releases end up being.

6. Westuh

The imperial stout is not out yet as far as I know, its 10% alc and will be coming in a 4 pack and will be "limited edition"

7. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Savant (370) Wisconsin Apr 13, 2010

Nice to see it in a 4 pack instead of bombers.

8. Looking forward to trying these.

9. Where in MA did you find the IPA and Fixed gear? those are two of my favorite offerings from them
    My girlfriend bought me two bottles of their limited release black friday beer (released on black friday duh) and will be bringing it to me for the new year cant wait

10. Just seeing it in kegs right now. I think in January it will be bottle released.

11. I tried the imperial stout last night on tap; for those who are local, I was at Benno's on Greenfield. I only had a taste and didn't order a glass, which I believe is a 10 oz pour; so my recollection is not the best since I didn't take any notes (read review at your own discretion).

S (4.25): It had a great smell, with a lot going on. You pick up roasted malts, toffee, and some dark fruit, plum being what I remember most.

A (4): Appearance was also rather good, dark nearly opaque. If I recall right, reasonability good head, tan with appropriate thickness.

T (3): Pretty complex. Leads with the toffee / roasted malts and finishes with the dark fruits. I didn't particularly like the finish, the cherries / plum on the finish wasn't pleasing to me and was why I didn't order a glass. It's by no means bad, don't get me wrong; just wasn't for me.

M (4): Mouthfeel was good, with a medium to heavy, as is typical for the style.

O (3.75): Overall pretty good. The taste would keep me from really falling in love with this. I would certainly try a full pour to be fair. Also bringing in price point, I'd say this offers a pretty good value.

12. Westuh

It has hit Milwaukee! Bottled on the 26th, spotted at Ottos