1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Las Vegas microbreweries and stores

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by tpoutasse, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Heading to Vegas in a couple months. Anyone know of good microbreweries to check out as well as stores where you can buy decent beer?
  2. Destral

Destral Savant (330) Nevada Oct 20, 2009

New and improved!

If you are just limited to the Strip:

1. Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay - Has a good beer menu and good food.
    2. Yardhouse at Town Square - Located just south of the Strip, big selection and reasonably priced (at the end of the year there will be a Strip location at project LINQ, along with a Tilted Kilt).
    3. The Pub at Monte Carlo - Pretty decent tap list (80 or so?)
    4. Todd English PUB at Crystals/CityCenter - Some interesting food items, decent beer menu, and beer engines.
    5. Pour 24 at NYNY - Not a bad little satellite bar to try some good beers
    6. Whole Foods at Town Square - If you are looking to pick up a few bottles, find the leprechaun for the good stuff.
    7. Sin City Brewing at Planet Hollywood - Tickers gonna tick?
    8. Public House at the Venetian - Has a certified Cicerone, Russ Gardner working there. Good selection (some casks too) and service, but very expensive and the food is good but not worth it.
    9. Rattlecan at the Venetian - Really good burgers, but not nearly as good a selection as the above.
    10/11. Gordon Ramsey's BurGR at Planet Hollywood and Pub and Grill at Caesars - Haven't had a chance to try them but both are supposed to have a larger selection of beer than your average strip restaurant
    12. Strip Liquor - A small liquor store just North of the Wynn at LV Blvd and Convention Center. I've heard they have a very small selection of a few of the local breweries. Its the unbranded little stepchild store of Lee's Discount Liquor.

If you don't mind going a few miles:

1. Money Plays - A couple blocks west of the strip, just past The Palms. Small little dive, but local BA Nick (Here4Beer) is doing some good things with their beer selection. Sunday's we have a small gathering and bottle share. I think they are up to 24 taps now...
    2. Downtown - You can hit up 777 Brew Pub at Main Street Station and the Chicago Brewing Company hub at Four Queens.
    3. Freakin Frog - Beer bar with the biggest bottle selection in town, but you pay a big premium especially for the bottles.

If distance isn't an option (and sadly these are better than any of the above):

1. Aces and Ales - Best draft selection in town, has a lot of tapping parties and beer events, and hosts the local homebrew club. A few miles East of the strip near Sams Town. Tuesdays there is a $20 tasting pairing. You get 6 beer tasters and a special food item. Some locals tend to bring in bottles for a small share as well.
    2. Khoury's Fine Wine - The local bottle shop that also has 11 tap lines and some Vinotemps). Good selection, knowledgeable staff, and fair prices. We have a weekly meetup every Wednesday from 6-10 and there is usually a food truck. Bring something fun in or buy something off the shelf to share. They just bought a randall to start experimenting with specialty pours of beers.
    3. Big Dogs Drafthouse - The best brew pub in town. Dave brews some great hoppy beers and the food is great. Farthest trip from the strip though.
    4. Tenaya Creek - Another Nevada brew pub. Anthony has been making good beers for quite a while.
    5. Joseph James Brewery - You can find their beers around town and they do brewery tours if you are into that. Matt and the other guys are around at most of the beer events and their last brewer really stepped up the quality of the beers.
    6. Fireside Lounge - A "Nevada" style tavern (think PT's) with better food and much better beer. Good place to combo with Khoury's since they are about 2 blocks apart.
    BrewTasting and Schmittymack like this.
  3. JBogan

JBogan Savant (435) Nevada Jul 15, 2007

This question gets asked so often that the list above really needs to be made a permanent sticky. Either that, or people need to simply start using the search function on the forums. Type "Vegas" in the little search box at the top of the page and countless threads on this very same subject will appear. And/or, go to the Places section and look up Vegas there. It's loaded with all kinds of info and reviews.
    Schmittymack likes this.
  4. Moose90

Moose90 Savant (380) Colorado Nov 25, 2012

Thanks for this. I am going (back) to Vegas in July and this list is awesome. Last time I was there, I found some good beers at Pour24 inside NYNY (where I stayed). Thanks again for the tips.
  5. Thanks so much for all the info. This is really helpful. I think we're staying at the Venetian so I'll have to check out a few of these places.
  6. blakelive784

blakelive784 Savant (255) Colorado Dec 21, 2010

Just came back from Vegas and visited a few places (though I was limited to the strip and all mostly based on Destral's list) and I found the following:

BurGR had a decent selection (I'd guess 20-25 beers on tap), most of which were run of the mill offerings (Sierra Nevada, Stone, BMC), though they had a few that are a little harder to find in a bar (La Fin du Monde, for example.) Damn good food, but a little overpriced ($15/burger and $9 fries)

Sin City Brewing has a couple locations (PH as noted, as well as the Venetian which will work better for you(and is the only local LV microbrewery I encountered)) and offer decent beers at affordable prices ($6/pint). We enjoyed the hefe quite a bit, but the rest of the beers were a little boring, though the bartender we had at the Venetian location was awesome.

Burger Bar was my favorite. Really good happy hour ($3 pints and good food deals, though can't remember the exact price) with rotating beer selection. Heavy west coast selection and good food. It's a little on the small side and got REALLY busy, though. Located in the shops between Luxor and Mandalay.

Pour 24 is decent (if a little expensive) and doesn't really have a great selection. A few Stone, Widmer, and (run of the mill) Goose Island offerings, mostly BMC. They offer a couple Sin City brews as well. Not bad if you're in the area, nothing special.
  7. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

I found Chicago Brewing at the Four Queens to be excellent. Great winter warmer and IPA.
    BrewTasting likes this.
  8. The Pub at Monte Carlo has a good selection. They also have a seasonal list you gave to ask for where they have stuff like Sucaba, etc. a bit pricy tho. The Sucaba was $32. Probably the best tap selection on the strip.

Burger Bar wasn't bad. Have a DFH selection in bottles with stuff like 75 minute, etc.

Sin City brewing wasn't impressive. More like a retail shop with some beer. Sell crap like Coors light as well