1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Last beer of your life

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Tebuken, Jul 6, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    not sure if you were joking but ive had it (per picture above). its awesome if u can find an occaision and a friend for it. its like bourbon with hops

2. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini Advocate (680) Illinois Oct 15, 2008

I've had it a couple of times before, and I enjoyed it (when very fresh) much more than tactical nuclear penguin. However, after some time in the bottle I thought it was about on the same level as TNP. Glad other folks I know purchased bottles because while it was a fun experience, probably a bit too pricey for my blood.

Cheers!

3. I would ask for one of those yard tall bottles of arrogant bastard.

4. jborg

jborg Savant (295) New York Dec 13, 2009

Westmalle Triple, and lots of it!

5. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

Yo, I'd be straight up wit my exocutioner and tell him how bad things wuz fo' me back in da hood...

We would crack open a couple 24's of Colt 45 and share a few war stories, prolly find out we share the same baby momma or sumpin' and then we would split to the club in my Escalade.

My beer would be Colt 45, why? because it...

[​IMG]

ChanChan and ImperialStoat like this.
  6. godlessape

godlessape Savant (310) Georgia Dec 12, 2010

I'd have an Arrogant Bastard ale as well. (love the Maiden avatar--just saw them 2 weeks ago)

7. HFS Ephraim

8. I've never had it, but I know it's Abner on steroids so I'm assuming it's insanely good. Other beers I've never had, Younger and BCBS Rare.

Of beers I've had, just give me a couple 4 packs of Heady.

9. Cantillon Iris, RR Consecration, or Hunahpu.

Ones i havent had - Brandy BA Hunahpu, Brnady BA Zhukov, or Beatification.

10. BeerNDoggerel

BeerNDoggerel Savant (340) Illinois Mar 13, 2011

Founder's Red's Rye. Dance with the one who brung ya: Since it's probably Red that got me into this terminal mess...

11. BeerboyRoy

BeerboyRoy Initiate (20) Jul 8, 2012

Mine would be a 5 litre Chimay blue

12. peteinSD

peteinSD Savant (255) California Apr 25, 2010

keg of hoppy birthday

BrianTheBrewer30 likes this.
  13. Ummmm Alpine Hoppy Birthday of course.

bigsippin likes this.
  14. bigsippin

bigsippin Zealot (90) California Feb 9, 2012

I would have opted for bad boy.

15. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Fresh and cold Two Hearted.

16. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

If I'm doomed and have a last request I want a go with Charlize Theron.

nawset and Msquared2 like this.
  17. A nice 20 oz pour of HF Abner. Touch me death, touch me.

m100 and phingdong like this.
  18. Me too! Saw them in Mass. on 6/26. Phenomenal show! Aces High and The Evil That Men Do in the encore blew me away.

19. I would have to go with a Bruery Otiose. Only had it once but it sang to me.

20. In that ever so totally likely situation I 'd probably give the beer a miss, look up at my executioner and reply in my best Tony Montana accent 'Fuck you!'

robconoclast likes this.
  21. mtlasley

mtlasley Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 27, 2012

Sit me down with a Saison-Brett. It'll be the last taste of heaven I'll get...

22. Well, would you rather be executed or executed and a pint?

23. It would have be Castle Rock Hemlock which had been spiked with a super concentrated dose of real hemlock. Then I would queue the Tony Montana-esque quip 'Fuck you!'.

24. I realize 95% of my posts are Breckenridge Brewery related, but if I had one last beer, it would be Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout. And I would love it.

25. Tebuken

Tebuken Savant (320) Argentina Jun 6, 2009

Well guys, i appreciate your responses so... let´s just go for our ´last beer in our lives´ and enjoy it immensely more cos it won´t be the last one in our lives !!!!!! We are not doomed to be executed, in fact heaven can wait for us to go.

26. A case of zombie dust

27. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Savant (270) California Jul 12, 2012

which ever "From the Wood" i was drinking at Hair of the Dog in February.:eek:

28. Is that an IPA, a stout or a pale ale?

29. Mavajo

Mavajo Advocate (550) Georgia Feb 10, 2007

Lawson's Maple Barrel Aged Fayston Maple Imperial Stout

It was only about 3 ounces, but the best beer I've ever had in my life. Hate that it was only a one-off... I've been hoping to try it again ever since.

30. nealbert

nealbert Savant (265) California Feb 13, 2010

Stone's Ruination 10th Anniversary IPA. I know its new, but right now its one of my favorites.

31. BrewDog - The End Of History in one hand while waving my middle finger with the other.

ThisWangsChung likes this.
  32. "I don't care who the fuck you have to kill to obtain this, but I want you to find me a bottle of Westvleteren 12, even if you have to go to the St. Sixtus Abbey and threaten the brothers with violence."

33. Whatever beer the warden offers me to celebrate my commutation the governor just gave me. (As long as we're dealing with hypotheticals.)

34. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Advocate (570) Florida Sep 13, 2011

Apple Brandy Hunahpu. That stuff is the real deal!

35. 2011 FW Parabola.

36. Dine

Dine Aficionado (200) Georgia Jun 28, 2012

probably seems cliche but ill take a kbs any where any time. i reserve the right to change that as i try other bourbon barrel aged stouts. by far the style of beer id like to go out on. (i have a feeling a bunch of ruinations is what got me on death row in the first place though)

37. Dine

Dine Aficionado (200) Georgia Jun 28, 2012

my growlers will be here monday. i am SO excited to try this one

38. Hanssens Experimental Cassis. All punches, blade slices and bullets to the body are rendered inconsequential by this beer owing to its acidic quality, which neutralises all foreign bodies upon impact in a time-space immeasurable by modern human technology.

39. DFH Indian Brown Ale

40. BeerKangaroo

BeerKangaroo Initiate (0) Alaska May 30, 2011

Question is "to have something good or to have something not so good." For me, well, heck, I'll have a Brown Angel by Clown Shoes!