1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Last beer of your life

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Tebuken, Jul 6, 2012.

1. The best hop forward beer, I probably havent had it yet.

PTY or Double Sunshine would be my request as of today.

2. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

Pliny the Younger...I stumbled upon it randomly a few years back at the Drafting Room in Exton, PA. It was unannounced, and I ended up drinking 4 glasses of it that night. Absolutely fantastic beer!

3. Dcor

Dcor Aficionado (150) Florida Aug 27, 2012

Utopias....fuck it, the states buying!

RochefortChris and FUNKPhD like this.
  4. Brewmeister Armageddon. I'll die shitfaced.

FattMatt24 likes this.
  5. Anchor Steam. Simple and classic.

afrokaze likes this.
  6. PortLargo

PortLargo Savant (405) Florida Oct 19, 2012

The fine beers listed above give a purpose to life. Give me a Corona Light and I would be begging them to throw the switch.

studad, DelMontiac and RochefortChris like this.
  7. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

I would say either King Henry or a BCBS variation(maybe other than Bramble, as I've yet to taste one from my cellar)

8. Honestly, I'd probably go with a Yuengling. Call me crazy but they are so dang good!

fujindemon74 likes this.
  9. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Two Hearted. Why risk trying something I haven't had before. What if I don't like it? I mean, I'd be pissed enough that I was gonna die. Couple that with disappointment over the taste of my last beer...

Nope, I'll go with something I enjoy the shit out of every single time I drink it.

10. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (845) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Westy 12 since it will take them months to get it.

11. dbow56

dbow56 Zealot (75) Maryland Nov 8, 2008

Guinness. Out of all the beers in all the world, this is the first beer I drank, so it might as well be my last.

12. Nothing. I'd tell him to take his craft beer and shove it. After all, what's the point. It's not like the beer would be enjoyable in a holding cell waiting for death...

13. Dang it, you bet me to it. If I'm not celebrating and/or in a positive state of mhnd I don't touch alcoholic products of any type.

TheJollyHop and ChanChan like this.
  14. antilite

antilite Aficionado (160) Florida Jan 1, 2012

Something in a 750ml so I cover myself in stinkin' pee when they throw the switch.

15. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Same here, except I would go with the giant double bastard.

16. Sink the Bismark... and funnel it.

17. Utopias for sure

18. Actually, there are some beers I've had which would have made my impending doom seem more acceptable :)

19. godlessape

godlessape Savant (300) Georgia Dec 12, 2010

Bells Two Hearted in a extremely large mug.

20. The Abyss.

Uvastephanie likes this.
  21. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Savant (325) Iowa Aug 15, 2012

Olympia so I won't regret that it is my last one.

ceeg likes this.
  22. A gallon of fresh Hopslam

Uvastephanie likes this.
  23. La Fin Du Monde of course. Makes sense, doesn't it??

DaveBlack likes this.
  24. 19etz55

19etz55 Savant (345) New Jersey Aug 12, 2007

DEAD GUY ALE :)(

Number45forever likes this.
  25. Very nice replies, great answers with some mighty fine brews. The funny thing is, my very first craft beer was Samuel Adams "Winter Lager" (1998 I believe). I was sitting in a deli and ordering myself a grilled Ruben. A very good friend of mine ordered a Sam Adams Winter Lager. I looked at it and remember saying "Damn, that looks good". I ordered one for myself and was blown away by the aroma and taste. Since then, I had made it a point to get some every year. Some years were better then others, but it was still a fine beer. I'm torn between it and say a Brooklyn Brewery "Black Ops" It's a good thing I'm not on death row. :)

26. A couple bottles of Rare Bourbon County along with about three hours to enjoy them before the deed is done.

27. jsm1289

jsm1289 Aficionado (175) New York Mar 11, 2011

gotta go with KBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. You guys all lose, the correct answer is DFH Immort Ale. Despite what the label says, it in fact makes you immune to execution.

29. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

30. 19etz55

MAYBE GET SOME OF THE SAME ANSWERS, but what if you could drink only one kind of beer the rest of your life. Probably be an IPA for me. Maybe Southern Tier Unearthly IPA, or Firestone Union Jack IPA, or Great Divide Rumble IPA, or Sam Adams 3rd Voyage, or Sammy Latitude 48?! If a Barleywine though may go with Yards Old Bartholomew. What might you like?

31. Blabaer. The state can cover the cost of finding it, paying for it, and shipping it here.

Or I would take a flight of 375 bottles of FouFoune, Mamouche, Blabaer, and St. Lamvinus.

32. DFH Immort Ale is another very good brew! Haven't had it for a long time though. I think its been hiding out in Milton DE. :)

33. As a homebrewer, I think my last drink would be some sweet tasty cell made pruno.

34. Surly Abrasive, Deschutes Abyss, or Fulton War and Peace.

35. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (565) California Dec 12, 2009

Would there be appropriate glassware?

36. tolar111

tolar111 Advocate (665) New York Aug 17, 2008

I'm thinking an IV would be in order, in my case it would be SNPA
    Though I'd go out the way Aldous Huxley did with the SNPA as a chaser

37. 19etz55

A keg of Yards Old Bartholomew Barleywine.

38. Brunite

Brunite Savant (430) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

My best answer: 4 cases of BCBS 2012

I would then mention to everyone that it looks like I ordered more beer than I could drink in one sitting. I would then threaten to bath in the remaining bottles unless all parties present joined me in some. I would then take 2 for myself and offer everyone else present: Warden, guards, media, etc... 2 bottles each. Then while toasting everyone I ever met in my life (while pretending to drink my sips).....I'd get us through those 2 bottles. Then while everyone in the place drank their 2 and got plastered......I'd slip out the back door and take my unopened bottle to Mexico with me.

Adios & Cheers!

39. Felony IPA - Prism Brewing Company. Not only is it a good beer, but I coudn't resist the name.