1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

Last Minute Wisconsin Trip

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by unitmonster, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Hey all!

I'm headed back east tomorrow morning on a last minute trip and I was wondering what places I should visit in WI.

So far I have these:

New Glarus
    Central Waters

We are staying about an hour south of Eau Claire where my family lives. If you have any recommendations on bottle shops, brew pubs, or other places then please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Stevedore

Stevedore Poobah (1,020) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Are you driving back east or are you flying? Or am I confused and you're coming in from the west and will be in Wisconsin for at least a few days on a last minute trip?

Don't forget O'so at Plover, there might be something going on that works for you especially if you go to CW.

And in Madison, hit up Woodman's or Riley's for bottles. You'll be about 30 min away if you're going to NG.

3. badbeer

badbeer Savant (470) Iowa Jun 19, 2005

New Glarus is already on your list, but if you're there for a day, I recommend Glarner Stube for lunch and then New Glarus Hotel for Dinner. New Glarus also has Hoesly's and Ruef's for meats. Great if you have the ability to take some brats or bacon back.

In Madison, I'd recommend a few things if on limited time.
    Jenny St. Market
    Starr Liquor
    Riley's
    You should be able to get 95+% of the entire selection for the area in those spots.

4. Brunite

Brunite Savant (430) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

5. misterid

misterid Savant (270) Wisconsin Apr 3, 2009

definitely this. O'so opens a couple hours earlier than CW.. so, it's more than possible to do both.

6. Pottse

Pottse Zealot (85) Wisconsin Dec 13, 2012

mmmm.. badbeer mentioned Glarner Stube - their bowl of beef is mandatory every time I visit New Glarus!

7. A hour south of Eau Claire puts you pretty close to Black River Falls' Sand Creek Brewery. Eau Claires' Lazy Monk might be a nice visit for ya.

8. Ri0

Ri0 Poobah (1,050) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012