1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Latest Pipeworks Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Lansman, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C2H5

C2H5 Savant (435) Illinois Jan 7, 2012

Don't know about cranpire....big john was there though
  2. ravot

ravot Savant (435) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

binnys on grand only had santa. picked up a couple. hoping to find galaxy.
  3. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

December 18, 2012 Update

A second batch of Unicorn Galaxy has dropped this week as well as a third batch of Abduction. Both are available now at West Lakeview Liquors and Binny's Lincoln Park.

We've just got word from our hop supplier that domestic hops will be shipping in mid-January. With that being the case we'll be able to roll out fresh versions of Ninja vs Unicorn, Citra Ninja & Something Hoppy, as well as Unicorn's Revenge!

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

-PW
    cwgrock, pschul4, Kubrickx and 3 others like this.
  4. makdeco

makdeco Savant (295) Illinois Jan 31, 2007

if you go and get yours want to get mine? ;)
  5. Galaxy Unicorn is really badass. Just sayin.
    AgentZero and Nachos4two like this.
  6. Unsung

Unsung Aficionado (130) Illinois Mar 6, 2011

I just found galaxy and citra ninja at Binny's on rt 83.
  7. PDZ

PDZ Aficionado (235) Illinois Jun 26, 2012

just had the 62 batch of EOD. a great improvement on the one I remember from last year!

packs quite a zing, and left my throat with a tingle and a jing jing jinglin' too
    dsal89 likes this.
  8. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

Buffalo Grove?
  9. Unsung

Unsung Aficionado (130) Illinois Mar 6, 2011

10. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

Ah, I assumed Willowbrook. No CN there, and they're waiting on Galaxy.

ETA: Called there at noon today and got the above info.
  11. Has anyone else stopped by Binny's to get their FwB allocation? I was just told (@6pm-ish) they didn't get anything from them this week. The only FwB pick-ups were (last week's) Galaxy Unicorn and Santa vs. Unicorn. The dude at the customer service desk didn't know anything about this week's shipment.
  12. mcc1654

mcc1654 Savant (355) Illinois Mar 20, 2011

Yes I was there yesterday. They had Abduction and Galaxy on the shelf. It didn't appear that they kept them behind the counter as usual.
  13. I just assumed it was last week's batch of leftovers from unclaimed FwB allocations. D'oh! This is why I shouldn't bother buying beer when I've taken a ton of cold medicine.

Gerritt emailed me back and said as much (that they're probably just on the shelf).
  14. duck

duck Initiate (20) Dec 21, 2012

Hey do you know which Ipsento coffee you guys used? Was it the Panama?
    PDZ likes this.
  15. Pipeworks

Pipeworks Savant (325) Illinois May 28, 2009

wildfire espresso i think?
    Retail1LO likes this.
  16. Pipeworks

Pipeworks Savant (325) Illinois May 28, 2009

hey,

just a quick note. we have the Blue Lady glasses here... but haven't anytime with the holidays to start sending them out or do 2nd replies to those who requested one yet. We'll tackle it in January, but those who can pick up locally, swing by the brewery m-f 10am-6pm. or of course PM me and i'll eventually get back to you.
    jaminjohnson likes this.
  17. bertram

bertram Savant (350) Illinois Dec 18, 2010

Cool - was just about to ask about this. Thanks for the update!
  18. Hey fellas-what stores are going to get Brotherhood ? Thanks.
  19. ravot

i was still in the hunt for galaxy. that still floating in the shelves of metro chicago?
  20. Still on shelves at Dobby's in Palatine and Binny's Schaumburg
  21. bradner

bradner Savant (330) Illinois Dec 26, 2007

Brotherhood is at Binny's in Plainfield.
  22. ravot

damn, way out of my reach, thanks though.

in other news, tequila, cranpire and santa's barleywine last night make for a drunk morning. two for one.
  23. aclara

aclara Aficionado (135) Illinois Mar 16, 2011

stop by today! ...not sure if its just me....but Brotherhood tatsted better in your glasses:)....Thanks guys! and may the New Year bring greater achievements
  24. yepbye2

yepbye2 Aficionado (175) Illinois Feb 23, 2011

Looks like the Abduction Coffee Break has quietly hit the shelves in some places.
    mjohnson17 likes this.
  25. yock

yock Aficionado (205) Indiana Jun 22, 2005

Hopefully you will get your bottle shop open soon. It's disappointing that I can't get to Binny's to pick up my FWB releases. Just impossible as I live in Indiana. Still waiting for my FWB shirt, etc.

26. crossovert

crossovert Champion (765) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

Had a Galaxy unicorn batch 66 i think it was, had somethign off, I think I had a bottle form the same batch on NYE and it was utterly fantastic. Now I just need some of that Coffee Abduction.
  27. jbecke2

jbecke2 Aficionado (185) Illinois Oct 22, 2011

Where at?
    crossovert likes this.
  28. yepbye2

yepbye2 Aficionado (175) Illinois Feb 23, 2011

Was at Binny's Skokie last night.
  29. Lansman

January 3, 2013 Update

Hello Friends,

This week brings us:

- Coffee Break Abduction, Abduction brewed with ipsento Wildfire espresso and vanilla beans - $10.99/22oz bottle

- Brotherhood, a Belgian single brewed with fresh citrus zest, this is our collaboration beer with Drew Fox of 18th Street Brewery set to open in Gary, IN, 4.5% ABV, very easy drinking - $6.99/22oz bottle

Check out the awesome video shot right here at Pipeworks that explains a little more about 18th Street here:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rewery-giving-gary-in-the-brewery-it?ref=live
    We're not asking for your donations as you've already so generously helped us get off the ground. But the best thing you could do is share 18th Street's kickstarter project with others and help spread the word. We're excited for Drew as he is the hardest working brewer we know and he's been working here at Pipeworks for the past 7 months. He's always the first one here at 7am every morning mashing in.

Also, fresh batches of Blood of the Unicorn & Froggy Style also dropped today. These beers are at Binny's Marcey St. and available for all FwB.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    -PW
    BakeBisBife and Hoozierdaddy like this.
  30. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

Love Ipsento espresso, cannot wait to grab Coffee Break.
  31. Redpac

Redpac Aficionado (120) Illinois Aug 27, 2009

Awfully quiet...any updates?
  32. Lansman

Last update seven days ago. Will post as news breaks. Still waiting on those Barrel Aged variants hinted at quite a while ago...
    DBCOACHEMUP likes this.
  33. bradner

bradner Savant (330) Illinois Dec 26, 2007

Looks like they released Nisperos de Batata, a Puerto Rican Sweet Potato & Toasted Coconut Ale.
  34. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

Similar experience here, first batch was off, second batch was fantastic!
  35. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

iso iso iso
  36. Lansman

January 11, 2013 Update

Hello Friends!

This week brings us:

Nisperos de Batata, a sweet potato beer brewed with toasted coconut, cinnamon, clove and vanilla in conjunction with our friends at Puerto Rico Food & Liquors on 2559 W Augusta. 7.5% ABV $8.99/22oz bottle

Standard Issue IPA is back out, this time with some galaxy hops! 7.5% ABV $7.99/22oz bottle

Both are available now at West Lakeview Liquors and Binny's Lincoln Park for FwB pickup.

-PW
    Nachos4two likes this.
  37. RTrain12

RTrain12 Savant (395) Illinois Feb 6, 2010

Does pipeworks have glass ware? Can I get it at there brew house?
  38. bingenbrew

bingenbrew Zealot (75) Illinois Oct 13, 2012

Hoping to see some my way soon.
  39. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

So far the glassware has pretty much been for the kick starter backers and the Blue Lady incident. I believe they will have some for general public once they open thier bottle shop (this spring, hopefully?).
  40. RTrain12

RTrain12 Savant (395) Illinois Feb 6, 2010

Thanks man! I wish I had the money to help their kick starter. There beer's are awesome!
    mbockstruck30 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.