1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Latest Pipeworks Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Lansman, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipeworks

Pipeworks Savant (325) Illinois May 28, 2009

worked all weekend and was here til past midnight last night, working, but plenty of whisky and beer was also consumed. so, i'm a bit hazy today and not wanting to do any work whatsoever. so it was a bit of a chore to formulate sentences for the e-mail. hope it makes sense.
  2. Pipeworks

ah shit... see I forgot to include future brews... brain fog. give me a sec...

Chocolate Raspberry Abduction
    Nisperos de Batata
    and Nisperos de Batata as a porter
    Chipotle Smoked Porter (based on Froggy style, not the previous smoked porters)
    Smoked Imperial Stout
    Abduction with Scotch Ale yeast going to bourbon barrels
    some new saisons... ideas?
    Peach Berliner (waiting on peaches)
    Quintessential with Amarillo
    Unicorn Galaxy (with amarillo and centennial dry hops in addition... yey we finally got hops! first time we had those available)
    Ninja vs Unicorn is finally back on the schedule (cuz of the new hops!)
    Unicorns Revenge will be our 1 year anniversary beer
    and eventually...
    an old ale (partly soured)
    and a wheat wine

k that's all I remember off the top of my head...
  3. DROOO

DROOO Aficionado (205) Illinois May 5, 2009

[​IMG]
    averagejake872, 1noa, Etan and 10 others like this.
  4. ppohio

ppohio Aficionado (185) Illinois Aug 5, 2011

Picked up a bottle of the green wax batch of Coffee Abduction - Chris at the Beer Temple said it was bursting with coffee compared to the first one. I thought the first batch was delicious and bought several bottles, so I'm looking forward to trying this new batch quite a bit.
  5. Pipeworks

maybe Chris was comparing it to regular Abduction (as the first batch)? The 2nd/3rd batches of CBA might be more coffee forward? idk

we've done 3 batches of each CBA and regular Abduction
  6. ppohio

ppohio Aficionado (185) Illinois Aug 5, 2011

Ok cool - I have bottles of batch 66 in the cellar and bought 72 today, so I'll be interested to note any differences between them.

Very happy that you guys are making plenty of Abduction (and the variants), it is really one of my favorite stouts in a long time (as is Spiteful's GFY).
  7. Pipeworks

'good of
    'good for you'

actually never mind go fuck yourself
  8. quinnsi

quinnsi Savant (320) Illinois Nov 22, 2008

I found more Vanilla in batch 1 of CBA, and more Coffee in Batch 2 (or whichever one had the wax). Could just be me.
  9. bertram

bertram Savant (350) Illinois Dec 18, 2010

Any update on the Blue Lady glasses?
  10. PDZ

PDZ Savant (260) Illinois Jun 26, 2012

Had batch 66 of CBA couple nights back. It was late and I just got off work, so I disregarded the STOP advice before opening, and laughed it off as beer snob fodder. Well, two hours later I woke up covered in my own urine in some kind of spacecraft, surrounded by green beings that resembled Barry Manilow. TRUST ME. STOP BEFORE YOU DRINK.

It was still quite delicious, though I think I prefer some of the more recent batches of hyperdog. And I used to live above ipsento, so I know wtf im talking about. Real down to try the other batch. And Ill wait this time. I MUST.
  11. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

Just quoting you here to let you know how much enjoyment I get out of this .gif
  12. Picked up a Flower Child yesterday at Before You Go (didn't know PW dirto'd there...).
    plan on opening it up with some friends in WI this weekend.
    Nachos4two likes this.
  13. crossovert

crossovert Champion (790) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

Are the 2 new ones at Binny's Grand yet?
  14. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Ive thrown all of your 'Blue Lady glasses' onto Western Ave.

J/k bumble bee tuna
  15. crossovert

crossovert Champion (790) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

nvm saw the fb post
  16. Speaking of facebook, glad to see you guys got trolled by DeKalb's finest! That's how you know you made it big time!
  17. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

It's my understanding that everyone in DeKalb was automatically made a FwB, complete with home delivery of a case of each batch. It's the only way Pipeworks can compete out in Whale City!
  18. quinnsi

quinnsi Savant (320) Illinois Nov 22, 2008

I'm tasting out Flower Child today at The Beer Temple. (Ten Fidy too FWIW)
    Nachos4two likes this.
  19. Pipeworks

que?
  20. Someone made the following statement (question?): "How much did you have to sell out to Inbev to share a truck with goose"

This person was a huge fan of Goose Island until he didn't get enough Cherry Rye. Be careful or he'll take you guys on next!
  21. Pipeworks

goose actually didn't know we shared a truck with them... and we showed up to pick our barrels and got kicked out.. still got our barrels. but it was kinda lame. maybe because we didn't have safety equipment on. whatev
    CityofBals likes this.
  22. jakeox

jakeox Initiate (0) Illinois Dec 15, 2012

Any chance there's more Ninja vs Unicorn coming soon? Having trouble tracking some down.
  23. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

[​IMG]

Please dont* wear safety equipment!
    EDIT: (I just realized this probably looks like I'm requesting your death.) *
  24. Cotchept

Cotchept Aficionado (150) Colorado Jan 14, 2013

Got my first bomber of Abduction yesterday. Excited to try it.
    Nachos4two likes this.
  25. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

Tried the newest batch of Coffee Break Abduction over the weekend.

HELL. YES.

:cool:
    mbockstruck30 likes this.
  26. Pipeworks

just a quick heads up, new batch of Unicorn Galaxy (with amarillo and centennial in the dry hops now too) is hitting some stores today:

Rogers Park Fine Wine
    Capones
    Before You Go
    The Beer Temple
    Andersonville Wine
    Binny's Lakeview

It's at Binny's LP for FwB, but Vav is out with a tummy ache or some shit... so not sure it's be there for FwB if they ask... maybe it will. I'll call them.
    IMSPEAKNOENGLISH and bengore like this.
  27. Pipeworks

okay, just called, FwB should be able to pickup this evening, e-mail to go out in the morning
  28. jakeox

jakeox Initiate (0) Illinois Dec 15, 2012

This batch of Unicorn Galaxy is ridiculously good. Go find some, folks.
    DROOO and Hugonaut13 like this.
  29. Congrats guys on being named top new brewery over 2000 other breweries worldwide! You guys rock!
  30. Pipeworks

we weren't going to say it.. but yea it is ;-) we've been waiting for amarillo for a year now...
    IMSPEAKNOENGLISH and Nachos4two like this.
  31. mjohnson17

mjohnson17 Advocate (585) Illinois Apr 29, 2012

Agreed, congrats!

I may have my timelines mixed up but I thought you guys started brewing in Feb. 2012, therefore making you a "new brewery" in 2012 right? If so then I was extremely disappointed that you weren't featured in the latest issue of BA magazine's "Class of 2012 Breweries" and I think the Bro's dropped the ball on that one. :)
  32. Smoked Porter and EoD were their first 2 beers bottled, and EoD was bottled Feb 25th, 2012 per their facebook. So the Bros. definitely dropped the ball on the class of 2012.
  33. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

can anyone confirm if new Unicorn Galaxy is at Binny's on Grand yet?
  34. I apologize in advance for saying this -- but I bet the guys that work at Binny's on Grand could confirm. :D

Having said that, they tend to get Pipeworks deliveries on Thursdays (or maybe Fridays).
  35. mbockstruck30

I know, but I honestly do not like calling that Binnys. The girl that answers doesn't know the beer situation, so you get put on hold while they make the beer guy come up from the back to answer a 2 second question. Its not like calling a smaller shop. I feel like its more of a hassle to them.

But yeah, I get your point. I usually don't ask these questions. [hangs head in shame]
  36. mbockstruck30

And my point exactly... I call to confirm that they have it. Guy checks and says they do. Make the trip up and they don't have it. They need A VAv to whip the place into shape.

Oh well, I'm sure ill make the trip back tomorrow.
  37. Well that's crappy!

As much as I empathize with the beer guys at these Binnys (that they keep getting asked the same damn questions every 10 minutes), I do agree that asking questions over the phone is a really unpleasant experience. I just would have hoped that it would have been informative (and accurate) if it had to be unpleasant, too. I think that makes sense. Cold medicine makes my head foggy!
  38. mbockstruck30

Oh well, wasn't a wasted trip. Picked up more Coffee Break and Santa vs. Unicorn. So I'm happy.
    Kubrickx and Nachos4two like this.
  39. Anyone know what the batch number is on the newest version of Galaxy Unicorn?
  40. WoodburyMN

WoodburyMN Savant (340) Indiana Aug 5, 2012

Jeeeeezus, can't wait until I move to the chi. Pipeworks seems fuckin class.
    ravot and DROOO like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.