1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Latest Pipeworks Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Lansman, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakeox

jakeox Initiate (0) Illinois Dec 15, 2012

It's Batch 81.
  2. Great, thank you
  3. Not as of noon today.
  4. Vav

Vav Savant (485) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

What? Who told you that? The cases are sitting right next to me at customer service.
  5. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Welcome back Vav! We have missed you.
    pschul4, Vav and mbockstruck30 like this.
  6. They weren't there yesterday. They only had FC, Reliquary, and one other (not GU) when I was there about 11:30am.
  7. Lansman

February 1, 2013 Update

Hello friends...

This week brings us Unicorn Galaxy, a fresh batch now with Amarillo and Centennial dry hops to aid the Galaxy, super juicy!
    And a fresh batch of North & Western Dry Hopped Saison. These are both at WLV & Binny's Marcey St. now for FwB pickup.

January 30th marked our 1 year anniversary of brewing! So that's cool... we had intended to brew a batch of Ninja vs Unicorn in honor of it being our first release, however, we were unaware that at 4:00pm on Tuesday, the 29th, The Beerpocolypse would decent upon us.

After brewing on Tuesday, the plug for our pump had come loose and dead shorted knocking out the power to entire building. The breakers failed and and two of the three 110 volt phases began running together sending 220 volts through everything that would normal take 110 in the building. The security alarm began blaring from overload, all the fluorescent lights in the building started exploding and unfortunately one of our chillers got completely fried. We were lucky to have working surge protectors on all our computers and office equipment. The surge protectors all got completely fried, so happy to know that those things actually work! The other 3 chillers survived because they were not plugged in since we had recently moved them. Unfortunately Top Speed, our 1984 Arcade Machine, was also a victim of the voltage overload! We were able to close the garage door that was stuck open without power and call it a night...

We had to cancel our anniversary NvU brew day and continue electrical repairs on Wednesday and assess damage (don't worry we brewed NvU today). We have an absolutely amazing electrician friend who happens to be a Friends with Benefits! Together we put in the proper safeties to prevent something like this from ever happening again. Well, we had brewed the previous day and that beer absolutely needs to be chilled with glycol during active fermentation. We just so happened to have another brand new glycol chiller that was going to be used for the new tanks 7 & 8. We hooked the new chiller up to the tanks we had brewed into on Tuesday, in place of the one that was destroyed from the short, and went home for the day thinking everything was back to normal. Not the case. The pumps in the chiller were plumbed backwards from the factory and the chiller had not cooled our young beer at all over the night... and both beers reached a very high fermentation temperate. So we shall see if these two batches become the first of ours to be dumped down the drain... fingers crossed. On top of that the Bicentennial Falcon (our 95 Chevy Astro delivery van) blew a tire while out in the burbs and full of beer. The spare was rotten too. So that's 3 flat tires and 2 dead batteries for our two delivery vehicles in the past 2 weeks!

Well, we can't win them all... but this was certainly an odd week for us. Thanks for your patience again and we'll send another FwB e-mail on Mon or Tue. We certainly aren't going to miss The Beerpocolypse week... although the RateBeer awards were quite nice!
  8. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (595) Colorado Apr 15, 2011

That might have been your quickest re-post yet!
  9. sacullen

sacullen Aficionado (245) Illinois Oct 14, 2008

The guys at the desk today said (and showed) only Flower Child and Nisperos de Batata. I would've asked you, but you were too busy enjoying the clubbing of baby seals.:) Yesterday when I was there I specifically asked at the desk about Galaxy Unicorn, but was told it hadn't been delivered yet.
  10. Pipeworks

Pipeworks Savant (325) Illinois May 28, 2009

Hey Lansman, you cut out the part about the full pint? or is it strictly forbidden to speak about other sites here?

anyway... thefullpint.com is having a Best Craft Beer of 2012 poll (so basically just popular vote). We are actually bouncing in and out of first place:

What is The Best Craft Beer of 2012?
    • Saranac White IPA (8%, 1,518 Votes)
    • Pipeworks Citra Ninja (7%, 1,514 Votes)
    • Saint Arnold Endeavour (7%, 1,407 Votes)
    • Stone Enjoy By IPA (7%, 1,401 Votes)
    • Firestone Wookey Jack (7%, 1,363 Votes)
    Poll ends tomorrow at 7pm central, don't need to register anything at all to vote, just click and vote:
    it's kind of a silly poll being popular vote, but what the hell, we're very close to getting it so we might as well give it a go...
  11. Lansman

My apologies, I did not mean to censor that information, of course. I have been editing the posts to include beer-related release information and additional info that otherwise hasn't been released on BA (the part about your winning all the awards has been laid out in another thread, for instance). I also didn't know if it was against 'BA rules' to post something that may be deemed as advertising traffic to another site.
  12. Vav

This is why i cant go on vacation. *sigh*
  13. Vav

Galaxy and North & Western are now at the service desk.
  14. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Beers are too old now. Thanks a lot, sexist.

BTW, Galaxy Uni is great.
  15. I think a beer called "Beerpocolypse" is in order.
  16. NSK79

NSK79 Savant (375) Illinois Jun 4, 2012

Just had my Unicorn Galaxy tonight - holy cow, I mean unicorn... amazing!
  17. Pipeworks

yea the new batch is awesome... makes a difference when the hops are fresh doesn't it.
    duobob and NSK79 like this.
  18. See you guys in downers groove soon!
    NSK79, stevegoz and Nachos4two like this.
  19. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

Looks like we got this done guys, I hope another win helps the Pipeworks guys feel better after what sounds like a sh&*t week.
  20. Its never a sh!t week at pipeworks.
    Nachos4two likes this.
  21. Wow! No posts in over a week. I think this is the longest this thread has been dark! Anyone now what's coming out this week?
  22. There was a fb post on Feb. 4 that announced, "New batch of our 18th Street Collabo Brotherhood Patersbier & Well Read Temptress in bottles today, and making their way out in the world tomorrow."

Who knows what this week has in store!
  23. duobob

duobob Savant (260) Illinois Oct 10, 2012

Yes it does that new batch is awesome! Waiting for that new batch of Ninja vs Unicorn!
  24. That was a week ago and I haven't seem WRT yet?
  25. Pipeworks

Things are almost back to normal at the brewery. We have the replacement chiller and FV 7 online. We'll have FV 8 filled this week. We are looking into a new bottling system to improve quality and shelf stability.

Fresh NvU and Quintessential with Amarillo should be going out tomorrow. WRT & BH are at both WLV & Binny's Lincoln Park.
  26. thanks!
  27. duobob

Cant Wait for the new batch of NvU :D
  28. duobob

Also when will we see Unicorns Revenge?
  29. NSK79

NSK79 Savant (375) Illinois Jun 4, 2012

Drinking a Froggy Style right now - I'm a porter fan in general, this one definitely delivers for me. Thanks again PW.
  30. Any comment on what beer or beers will be brought to lupulin festival??
  31. What is lupulin festival?
  32. A festival held at 4 hands in stl. Celebrating hops and side show acts
    kawilliams81 likes this.
  33. Pipeworks

NvU, and Quintessential with Amarillo hops (not batch 28) should be available at Binny's LP for pickup in the morning. WLV hasn't ordered yet, Kristina has been traveling doing awesome stuff as usual... brewing, picking whiskey barrels, etc.

Revenge will be out in 2 weeks as will Chipotle Smoked Porter, Raspberry Truffle Abduction will be in 3 weeks.
  34. yepbye2

yepbye2 Aficionado (175) Illinois Feb 23, 2011

I finally got around to grabbing a bottle of the second batch of Froggy Style from LP Binnys. This beer is fantastic. I enjoyed the first batch way back when as well. I am surprised that it still sits on shelves. A hoppy wheat porter may sound a bit odd I guess but I cannot say enough good things about this beer.
  35. jakeox

I would like to drink this.
    Kubrickx likes this.
  36. Forget sending that to my trading partners I'm feeling greedy and want that baaaad for myself
  37. CMB2012

CMB2012 Savant (255) Illinois Nov 26, 2008

Truffle as in chocolate = awesome sounding beer
    Truffle as in, well actual truffle = not as sure

I hope it's the former, but then again I'd almost have to buy a bottle just to see. I'll admit I did enjoy me a few bottles of the Forager when Mikkeller did a truffle stout/porter(?). That was some tasty stuff, but very little truffle influence. The fruit and truffle combo scares me... who am I kidding either way it's Pipeworks!
  38. ppohio

ppohio Aficionado (185) Illinois Aug 5, 2011

Standard Abduction was one of my favorite beers last year. I am so spoiled by Coffee Vanilla and Raspberry Truffle coming hot on the heels. You guys rock.
  39. jakeox

I thought about this, and while I'm sure it's chocolate, I'm totally on board either way.
  40. msante79

msante79 Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 11, 2006

Anybody know if there is Galaxy Unicorn still available anywhere?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.