1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Laurelwood Workhorse (bottled)?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by draheim, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Initiate (0) California Nov 26, 2008

Correct. See my growler review for proof.

[​IMG]
    ArchEnemyBrew likes this.
  2. Trying to explain to my wife and daughter why I interrupted their tv show with boisterous laughter. They just don't understand. JJ approves of your post
    Arbitrator likes this.
  3. DimensionX

DimensionX Savant (325) Oregon Oct 1, 2010

Amongst lnjuns... a tribe's greatness is figured on how mighty its enemies be.
    ;)
  4. Sorry, you misunderstood. I didn't mean to compare it to a physical attack. I meant "hurting" more as a take down or diss. A comment made to make someone feel bad about what they are doing, wearing, thinking or whatever. Not trying to make a big deal about it. The shitty comment was valid in its feeling, and pissed me off for all of two seconds. All I meant is that was, with more or less tact, typically more, I got this from lots of WH fans and dropped out of the conversation at that point, since I said what I wanted to, hopefully answered some questions, as part of the discussion to that point.

Anyway, if any of you are portlanders, we are having a bottle rerelease at Belmont Station this Thursday, 12/6 at 6pm. Have a bunch of other beers on as well. Everyone is welcome, especially Arbitrator, Oregone and all. Cheers
  5. oregone

oregone Savant (365) Oregon Jul 2, 2008

Cheers to you man. My apologies if i offended. Much respect, and keep up the good work.
  6. Will we be getting bottles of Workhorse up in the Seattle area? I miss it dearly.
  7. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,025) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Also yeaterbunny, if you can step back and take a look at the larger picture for a moment, this kind of passion is a GOOD thing for a brewer like yourself. It's people who feel passionately about beer that drink workhorse, Deranger, Moose & Squirrel, etc. People who simply shrug their shoulders when a particular brewer stops making a particular beer, well... they tend to drink BMC. I realize that's a bit of an over generalization, but I think you probably know what I mean.

In much the same that there's no such thing as bad publicity (you either receive it or you don't - it's ALL good), I think the same is true when you get this kind of response over a beer you're making... if people care about it so much that they feel the need to post their feelings about the beer in a public forum, it's ALL good! Just my two cents, but the comments from Arbitrator, if it were me I would just laugh, shrug, and be grateful that he (and everyone else on the thread) bothered to comment at all.
    yeasterbunny likes this.
  8. Yes, should start seeing them early January.
  9. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (440) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

Anyone want to place bets on how long the firkin of Workhorse will last?