1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lawson's Tap Take Over in Waterbury

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by youbrewidrink, Nov 13, 2012.

1. This Saturday November 17th the Prohibition Pig in Waterbury, VT will be featuring drafts from Lawson's Finest Liquids. The tap list includes:

Hunger Mtn Co-OP 40th Anniv.
    Fayston Maple Imperial Stout
    BA Fayston Maple Imperial Stout
    Hopzilla
    Brettzilla
    Maine Beer/Lawson's Collab 1
    Maple Nipple
    Jade IPA
    plus Jade IPA on cask

For this special event The Prohibiton Pig has arranged for a shuttle bus from Burlington. Check The Prohibition Pig Facebook page for further details.
  2. I'll be there with 2 buddies.
  3. The Shuttle Information:

[​IMG]
    Prohibition Pig

Purchase your bus ticket for our All Day Lawson's event this Saturday, November 17th!
    We are running a shuttle between Burlington and Waterbury for your designated driving needs. The bus will pick up at Finnigan’s in Burlington and drop off at ProPig. The Burlington pick-up times are 3/5/7/9 and the return times are 4/6/8/10. With a $10 deposit you are granted a ride to and from the Pig at your chosen sign-up times and a $10 voucher toward your bill the night of the event.
    Come on down to ProPig and get your ticket before the event on Saturday!
  4. I was looking to come here for lunch, without knowing this was going on. If I am there around 12-1 I will beat the crowd.
  5. Edit* Will I?

I am not really trying to be there forever and if there is a huge crowd I would have to skip unfortunately. I am trying to go up and back from boston area from like 7-5 making a few stops.
  6. celfan

celfan Savant (465) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

What is Brettzilla?
  7. Hopzilla fermented with brett. Hasn't been made in a couple years, iirc. Damn good stuff.
  8. celfan

what is brett?
  9. celfan

10. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (555) California Aug 26, 2009

I'm guessing it will be busy, but probably before the worst of the crowd arrives. I've been there times when they are packed with tourists in the summer and they seem to have no problem handling crowds, so you shouldn't worry. It it really is that bad just wait until 3 and walk across the street to Blackback pub. They're likely to have some Lawsons on tap as well as plenty of HF.
  11. Thanks, I guess I'll decide on stopping in depending when I will be going through Waterbury. I wouldnt mind dealing with a crowd and having to wait, but I am pretty sure my father doesnt want to be on the road all day long so we might just grab lunch somewhere quick.
  12. Will be there right after a drive up to hill farmstead. Cant wait for this weekend.
  13. celfan

I saw the ad for the Pig's Lawson's Tap Takeover in Seven Days today. Underneath it was an announcement that they are doing a similar Hill Farmstead Grassroots takeover right before Christmas.
    duchessedubourg and franklinn like this.
  14. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

Yeah on Dec. 21. Should be an awesome time :D
  15. celfan

Last time I took a bus to Waterbury I had to drive back next day anyway to get my credit card which I left at the Pig.

Know what I'm sayin'?
    franklinn likes this.
  16. same here
  17. Tickets purchaes.
  18. See U there!
    Fujii13 and sandman3479 like this.
  19. You should try to get Fuj to come up!
    Fujii13 likes this.
  20. Swinging by after the Beer Train arrives back in Waterbury at 8:30 - hope there are some goodies left!
  21. Fujii13

Fujii13 Aficionado (240) New York Apr 27, 2011

Gonna swing by after the Hill. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.
  22. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (515) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

Very damn good stuff...
  23. I Wish we could come.... Stupid engagement pictures... whatever, two night stay in waterbury next weekend. Don't want to jack this thread, but does anyone know if Hunger Mountain get the lawson's shipment in the morning or afternoon? Thanks in advance!
  24. I called today at 1:30 and it wasnt in yet. That said, they had a few Hoppzilla's left from last week.
    bostonbeans likes this.
  25. franklinn

Really depends on the week. I've been there when they're unpacking it at 9 am. Other times I've been there at 1 or 2 and it hasn't come in. Yet, other times I've been at 5 p.m. and they've been sold out! A real crap shoot sometimes. It seems to USUALLY be there before noon, but not always.
  26. Lame, alchemist is already out of heady and im heading up at 630 tomorrow morning.
  27. Thanks for the heads up Frank! we can bitch about this next week when we're drinking and hopefully I'll have some Lawson's to share!

PS: have you met Joe? He started this thread, meg and I are grabbing dinner with him and his lady when we come up next week. Super nice guy.
  28. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Savant (295) Vermont Sep 25, 2010

Should be able to find some at stores around the area, warren store got a delivery yesterday.
  29. franklinn

No, I have not met Joe yet, or at least not knowingly. I have a feeling I've probably seen a lot of the VT BA's here at the local bars, and just havn't known who they are haha.

As iwantmorehops said, try the Warren Store. Also, Stowe Beverage almost always has heady, 2 4pack limit.
  30. Brettzilla! Is it a new batch (I assume)? Anyone know if it'll be bottled at all?
  31. kingcrowing

kingcrowing Advocate (550) Vermont Mar 24, 2009

Hill Farmstead was so stupid today. I stopped there before hitting up the Pig. According to Fuji, 2+ hr wait. Crazy.
  32. Yeah.. you either have to go at noon or on a weekday for it not to be crazy. But you add the release of some crazy Brew and it's a whole new type of nuts over there.
  33. No it was crazy at noon. I was like 20th in line and there were easily another 30 people after me...took me over an hour to get beer.

No complaints if it comes off that way...it just is what it is i didnt mind waiting.
  34. thats my bday.. oh boy

franklinn likes this.