Lexington Stuff

Discussion in 'South' started by drfabulous, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (295) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005 Subscriber

In addition to the blow out barrel aged week going on at Beer Trappe this week - which is amazing looking every single night, a few other things I've noticed:

• At least six cases of Hopslam are still at Shenanigans and a few more are at Whole Foods
    • Shenanigans has Hopslam on tap and Against the Grain Noho Motueka on tap. I was only there a sec, so I forget what the other taps were.
    • If you haven't picked up a bottle of Prairie Artisan somewhere in town, I don't know why. Trappe has them and so does Whole Foods.
    • West Sixth's new Black IPA does on today (or should be on right now). It looks like they are doing another version of their amber on Thursday for the firkin.
    • Sixpoint 3Beans has shown up in places. Pretty tasty.
    • On Twitter and Facebook, Lexington Beerworks asks for Yelp reviews! If you've been there and go reviews on Yelp, give them a shout out. People (like me) use Yelp when travelling or when figuring things out where one lives.

BEERchitect likes this.
  2. Thanks for the heads-up on West Sixth's new Black IPA. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I was overjoyed to see that their standard IPA is finally available here in Northern KY.

3. drfabulous

I assume you'll see Amber in cans up there in Northern KY when it goes into production soon.

4. bradfordjohnson

bradfordjohnson Savant (355) Kentucky Jun 18, 2012 Verified

Probably preventing myself from getting more, but Beaumont has 12oz Black Notes for $7.76 after tax, 1 limit/person.

KYGunner likes this.
  5. drfabulous

Looks like I'm missing out again on this one! Always wrong place/wrong time for me.

6. That's the most I've seen for it. I was able to snag a 4 pack for $24.

tronto likes this.
  7. bradfordjohnson

I guess when it's broken up like they they charge a premium.

8. drfabulous

I guess I missed this one. Was busy for the last three days and couldn't get away.

9. Four pegs in Germantown still has Old Rasputin 15th anniversary and 3beans on tap. Both are great. Unfortunatly the Rasputin is 7 bucks for a four oz. poor.

10. tronto

tronto Savant (260) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010 Verified

that's worse then the 8oz pour of better half that cost $12 there a couple months ago. Haven't been back since, the guys were dicks, and their chicken and waffle sandwich they always talk about was crap.

johnking82 likes this.
  11. wowza.

12. Shagator

Shagator Savant (420) Kentucky Mar 17, 2012

Shenanigans still has some Hopslam and they got a new shipment of Palate Wrecker. I asked today and they should have Enjoy By and the alchemy hour from Great Lakes next Friday. I had an Alchemy Hour tonight and it was great. Thank you Shenanigans for their sample

13. drfabulous

I'm looking forward to trying Alchemy Hour

14. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac Poobah (1,020) Kentucky Mar 3, 2011 Verified

Look at this score, can't believe my luck. I kind of don't even want to drink them...
    [​IMG]

KYGunner likes this.
  15. drfabulous

From today?

16. TheBeerAlmanac

From an hour ago. Said it was all they had left.

17. BEERchitect

BEERchitect Champion (915) Kentucky Feb 9, 2005 Verified

Please drink it! (And save me the empty bottle!)

TheBeerAlmanac likes this.
  18. Alchemy Hour is pretty amazing. They have about 10 cases at the LB in Hamburg and I grabbed a 4 pack, very tasty to say the least. Also, I'm loving the label art for it as well.

Shagator likes this.
  19. Barrel_age_me

Barrel_age_me Zealot (95) Ohio Dec 26, 2012

I just drank mine last night! i felt the same way about cracking it open. It was almost intimidating! All i can say is its amazing!

20. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Dont drink it yet. It needs to age IMO. You have two, so open one and cellar the other. All the flavors seem to be there, but my tasting group agreed that its needs time to mature.

21. Guys Enjoy By has landed in Lexington at 2 locations I know of so far. Shenanigan's and The Beer Trappe--I don't know if it's bar only or not @ the Trappe. Also I believe, both locations received Rhizing Bines and All Day IPA from Founder's. I got my Enjoy By's from Shenanigan's and I seen they had 2 cases, and I guess now it's technically down to 1 case and 10 bottles in the beer fridge. Get them while you can! Hope this batch was as phenomenal as the last! Cheers guys!

[​IMG]

22. TheBeerAlmanac

The Beer Trappe does have them for retail, just got one togo.

King23James likes this.
  23. Shagator

I picked up 2 at Whole Foods.
    Picked up some alchemy hour and all day IPA at Shenanigans as well.
    LB on High has Dreadnaught

24. Shagator

Tough week at work and I took it out on my wallet:
    [​IMG]

25. TheBeerAlmanac

That's gangsta.

26. bradfordjohnson

That's a ton of hops to fill the fridge with!

KYGunner likes this.
  27. TheBeerAlmanac

ZD on tap at The Beer Trappe, fwiw.

BEERchitect likes this.
  28. Shagator

The beer trappe is out of ZD. They do have Dreadnaught now

29. TheBeerAlmanac

Sorry, I drank it all. :(

30. bradfordjohnson

31. Tchfunkta

Tchfunkta Aficionado (225) Kentucky May 14, 2009

I contributed to the demolition of that keg!

TheBeerAlmanac likes this.
  32. Shagator

Have you tried it yet?

33. Shagator

I was at Drakes over the weekend and they changed the Great Lakes tap to Lake Erie Monster. Would this be from last year? I didnt think it came out until May or June. It wasnt nearly as hop forward (was hoppy, but also had a strong malt flavor) as what i remember last years being. I remember last year being grapefruit and grassy and very good. Anyone have any insight or thoughts?

34. JimDH

JimDH Aficionado (225) Kentucky Feb 7, 2011

It must have been last year's. It isn't on the tap list at Great Lakes itself, and the website indicates a May 2013 release--as you recalled.

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beer/an-exceptional-family-of-beers/seasonal/lake-erie-monster

35. Shagator

36. drfabulous

I did. First at Country Boy when it was on tap a couple weeks ago and in four pack. This is an awesome Double IPA.

37. Tchfunkta

Tchfunkta Aficionado (225) Kentucky May 14, 2009

It's funny:

Tough week or Great week or mediocre week, my wallet coughs it up.

brian44556 likes this.
  38. Shagator

Kinda off topic but Are there any sites where you can order beer online that will deliver to KY?

Also, I think I am going to drive around and buy as much of the Enjoy By and Alchemy Hours that I can find. I am highly impressed with these.

39. drfabulous

Wine and Cheese, Quality, West Lakeview and Bruisin Ales are places that will ship to Kentucky. Hi Time might as well.

40. erichall

erichall Aficionado (195) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

I just put a 2012 keg of Erie monster on tap at my store. Still drinking like an imperial iPa. Not quite the hop bomb as when fresh but selling well at 8.99 per growler. It is hoppier than two other ipas I have on tap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.