1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

Life and Limb aging?

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Davl22, Mar 1, 2013.

1. I have a bottle of Life and Limb that's about a year and a half old. Anyone tried it recently to see how it's doing? Thanks

2. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (655) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

I had 2 of them a couple of months ago, and it was drinking pretty damn nice.

I have one more left that I'm pretty tempted to drink sooner than later. Felt like anymore time, probably wouldn't change it much. Still syrupy and smooth!

3. allouez86

allouez86 Savant (340) Wisconsin Jan 24, 2009

Had one maybe four months ago and it was great. Have one more that I'm trying to reach the two year mark with, maybe longer.

4. Spider889

Spider889 Advocate (675) Ohio Mar 24, 2010

I drank several last year. My last bottle was consumed around October or November I believe. It was delicious as always, though I felt that it was best at around 8 months. I drank a B1 bottle at around 2 years old I think and I preferred it fresher than that tbh. I'd be curious to try an older one, but if I had another to sit on I'd let it go until it hit 3 or 4 years to see if it swung back with the additional time.

5. youradhere

youradhere Savant (485) Arkansas Feb 29, 2008

I had one about a month ago- not bad but nothing mind blowing. Pretty thin, but it did have a nice birch-wood type nuance lingering faintly in the sides of the profile. I don't see this one benefiting from much age.

6. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (550) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

I recently had '09 on draught and thought it was great. Additionally, I had a '11 and thought it was not as good as the '09. Perhaps this one I prefer aged. I feel this is a beer that has stood well against time. Still have one bottle of each release and have been looking to trade them but have found there is little interest in this beer :(

7. RDMII

RDMII Savant (340) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

I also have had several throughout the last year, the most recent was two weeks ago. I still love it, and although it's thinned out a little it's still very much the same beer.