Dismiss Notice
Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Learn more about beer. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for as low as 68% off the single issue price.

Subscribe now →

Lindley Park

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by ldhughes3, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ldhughes3

ldhughes3 Advocate (645) Louisiana Jan 4, 2013 Verified

This beer sounds amazing and I'd love to try it. Anyone trade for one recently? What would it take to trade for one? Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. Should go $4$ with similar limited-release locals or possibly even desirable harder-to-get shelf beers.
  3. Holmes698

Holmes698 Savant (445) Pennsylvania Mar 7, 2009 Verified

I gave up a Bolt Cutter to get one. It is so worth it. Lindley Park is one amazing brew.
  4. What's the price on a bottle?
  5. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (665) Colorado Apr 15, 2011 Verified

Shhhhhh stop talking about Lindley Park. It's a god-awful beer, and you want to stay as far away from it as possible. In fact, if you want to send me your LP, I'll send you a photo of me drinking it making a disgusted face.
  6. I think I paid $15 at the brew pub. Not sure what it was through distribution channels.
  7. Distribution was about $15 too, plus or minus. It was available briefly at a lot of places in NC, often with some bottle limits. Maybe think along the lines of a regional BCBS as far as difficulty in obtaining it - good, sought after, possible to get some amount in a lot of places.
  8. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

But unlike BCBS, it isn't still sitting on shelves ;)

Julian's on the money, I'd say. I traded one in a larger trade centered around New Glarus stuff like Serendipity and another as the main part of a trade for Cigar City BA Big Sound.
  9. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Advocate (530) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013 Verified

I recently traded for a Lindley and traded a limited "one time" brew in a $4$ trade. Haven't had it yet, but I'm stoked to try it.
  10. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Savant (335) New York May 15, 2011 Verified

I love BA fruit stouts. I would really like a case of this beer next release damn it.
  11. ldhughes3

So do you guys think The Abyss is a fair offer?
  12. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Advocate (530) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013 Verified

Very fair
  13. Fair. Abyss is probably a little easier to come by, but fair.
    Bluecane likes this.
  14. johntangus

johntangus Savant (280) South Carolina Mar 17, 2009 Verified

I liked it better than Bramble. But I may be a bit of a homer. Damn good beer.
  15. ldhughes3

Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna give it a shot
  16. Yeah, for all the incessant hype and chatter about Cherry Rye around here, I though Lindley Park was a much better beer.
    RC0032, benjaminahudson and commis like this.
  17. Sent away a darkness for mine.
  18. Let me put it this way: if I had been in North Carolina during the Lindley Park release like I was during the Event Horizon release, and scored the same number of bottles, I'd ship one for an Abyss without thinking twice.

This isn't to imply that Lindley Park is not a good beer mind you, I think it's awesome. But Abyss is one of my favorite beers period, and the price points are similar, so I'd do that trade all day long.
  19. Hey, didn't I send that to you? Glad you dug it!
  20. Yes indeedy - thank you very much - it was awesome. I've been very impressed with Olde Hickory beers - I don't know why they fly so low under the radar around here.
    cfh64 likes this.
  21. I only wish they flew under the radar here in the Raleigh, NC, area. It seems like anything from Olde Hickory that's been put in a barrel sells out the same day it arrives at bottle shops. If you can't get there by 5PM, you're SOL.
    Bluecane likes this.
  22. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (665) Colorado Apr 15, 2011 Verified

You'd hate living in Chicago.
  23. Bluecane

Have you had Event Horizon? I love that one. I'll be up in Boston/Cambridge in about 10 days and would be happy to crack one with ya.
  24. ldhughes3

I have a Lindley Park coming next week thanks to a great BA in North Carolina. Thanks for all the input, I can't wait to try this one.
    benjaminahudson and Hopsiam14 like this.
  25. commis

commis Savant (340) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

You're gonna be in the hood? What's your itinerary like? Bring me a couple cans of New Belgium and I'll buy the first couple rounds...God I miss New Belgium.
  26. commis

commis Savant (340) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

Shit sat on shelves in Asheville for close to a week. EvHo sat for two!
  27. Bluecane

I'll be in Cambridge on 3/11. Let me know if you'd like me to mule me something; send me a BM!
    commis likes this.
  28. Hopsycho

Hopsycho Aficionado (175) California Feb 5, 2012 Verified

I just traded some Abyss for Lindley Park its a reasonable trade but it is defintely easier to obtain Abyss.
  29. cfh64

cfh64 Champion (785) Texas Aug 16, 2005 Verified

As have I, let's keep it that way ;)
  30. Let's just say that if some of these Olde Hickory beers were released in bigger markets they would create shit-show searches and truck chasing. They are excellent beers that fly under the radar everywhere else other than NC. I don't see that changing any time soon, and I won't complain one bit. ;)
    cfh64, johntangus, cbeer88 and 2 others like this.
  31. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Savant (400) Wisconsin Apr 13, 2010

Came here to say the same - but you already said it, so I'll just agree emphatically.
    benjaminahudson likes this.
  32. Does anyone have an extra bottle that they can part with? Just in case some of you all don't venture into the ISO:FT forums, I am attempting to land a bottle for a raspberry stout tasting. Let me know if you have an extra and we can go from there. Thank yooouuu!
  33. what're you looking to trade?
  34. I thought BCBCS would do the trick, but I didn't get any bites.

I'd be open to any ideas really.
  35. is your gots list up to date?
  36. ldhughes3

It took a 4 pack of Great Lakes barrel aged stout for me...and it was worth it!
  37. Thank you for the info!

Wasn't Great Lakes Barrel Aged Blackout 32 a 4pack?
  38. I just traded 2 BCBCS for 1 Lindley, 1 Event Horizon, and 1 Sexual Chocolate. Both of us were happy.
  39. I would give up my 2 BCBCS that I own for this trade.

If you are out there soon to be trade partner with Lindley Park and Event Horizon and/or Sexual Chocolate, don't be shy. Make me an offer. My haves are up to date, some have multiples.