1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Liquor Barn Hamburg in Lexington has a full keg of Zombie Dust

Discussion in 'US - South' started by TheBeerAlmanac, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Well, when I heard, I was just going to drink the whole thing myself but I don't have the liver or the wallet for it. Anyways, the Liquor Barn at Hamburg in Lexington, KY just got a full half barrel of Zombie Dust a couple days ago according to the guy cutting the cheese(s). I've already filled a couple big growlers and figuring as they don't advertise this, I'm sure there'll be plenty for those of us here.

BEERchitect likes this.
  2. Growlers only, of course. $6.50 for 32 oz, $12 or $13 for 64 oz, dollar off on Wednesdays for the 64 oz.

3. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

$13 for a 64 ounce is one hell of a deal. Whole Foods has Dreadnaught at $26 (I think) a 64 ounce fill. It's too bad Liquor Barn doesn't update their online growler list much.

4. erichall

erichall Aficionado (185) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

Except zombie dust is an $11 six pack and dreadnaught is a $10 bomber. That would explain the huge discrepancy.

5. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

I know. That's why I'm saying it's a hell of a deal. When we used to fill growlers here (not at LB), we were paying about that much for a 32 ounce fill. Then the place doing the fills had to stop due to Three Floyds request.

6. monkey

monkey Zealot (90) Kentucky Aug 7, 2008

FYI, I was there today and it's gone.

7. Make sure you get someone that knows what's going on. I went there one day and some lady said it was out because the tap handle was missing, but they never had a tap handle for it. Returned the next day few days and had my growler filled twice. I'm not saying it's NOT gone, but it seems most of the people behind the deli counter aren't exactly beer savvy. I'll stop in later today and double check, I'm out anyways.

8. As evidenced by the giant piece of paper splayed over Zombie Dust on the growler menu that reads "OUT," it appears they are indeed out.