Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Literally brewing right now; How about you?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by Stout_Combo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Literally brewing a Double nut brown ale as I type what is the latest thing you've brewed!?

2. AlCaponeJunior

AlCaponeJunior Champion (810) Texas May 21, 2010

Well it's been well over a week... but I'm posting, scheming, and conspiring about brewing on sunday :D

Stout_Combo likes this.
  3. hopsandmalt

hopsandmalt Savant (400) Michigan Dec 14, 2006 Verified

Sunday for me too. Can't come soon enough!;)

4. clobby

clobby Aficionado (130) Texas Aug 5, 2012

I bought a propane burner, a auto siphon and a bucket lid today. soon........

Stout_Combo likes this.
  5. I got a buddy coming over today to help me bottle about 12 gallons. A pacifica pale ale, a maple nut brown and 1 gallon of mead. Brewing again in a week or so...

6. I had planned on Sunday but couldn't wait! I will say if I didnt live in an Apartment I would have a propane burner, some day I guess. Saddly only a 5 gallon batch though.

7. TomTown

TomTown Savant (430) Oregon Feb 7, 2011 Verified Subscriber

"Double Nut" Brown isn't funny to anyone else?

Haha, brewing a Le Petit Prince inspired table beer tomorrow.

8. tomorrow. pale ale. SHOULD BE FUN.

9. brewsader

brewsader Savant (290) New York Dec 7, 2012 Verified

so jelly. my mom wont let me brew until i finish my grad school apps... :(

10. kjyost

kjyost Champion (800) Manitoba (Canada) May 4, 2008 Verified Subscriber

There is something wrong with statement...

That said this weekend I am working on hot sauces (3, 1 fermented) & kimchi.

Rau71, Stout_Combo and pweis909 like this.
  11. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (585) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

Beats the hell out of 'Single Nut Brown', not to mention 'Nutless Brown'.

Brewing an English IPA tomorrow. It's above freezing and going to stay that way for about 48 hours... maybe I'll brew naked.

Stout_Combo likes this.
  12. brewsader

brewsader Savant (290) New York Dec 7, 2012 Verified

there are many things wrong with living with your parents...

13. Poor brewsader but we all have our crosses to bear. Also I Think it was also better then Bust a Nut brown ale among many of the other options listed above by skivtjerry. Also Relax and have a homebrew while ya do it naked! ha hope ya'll be inside!

14. pweis909

pweis909 Champion (750) Wisconsin Aug 13, 2005 Verified

Black Pale Ale (think small Black IPA). Brewed about a month ago. Despite having a somewhat cynical view on this classification, style or whatever, I confess to finding some satisfaction. Next up are Belgian Pale Ale and British Pale Ale (and unlike black pale ale, these will actually be pale).

Stout_Combo likes this.
  15. Going to try my first all grain batch tomorrow. First time with 10 gal pot and outside burner. Biab. Recipe claims similar to Sierra Nevada celebration.

Stout_Combo likes this.
  16. skivtjerry

I'll be outside but can duck into the greenhouse occasionally.

17. Also might have time to split my recently fermented batch of Belgian wit (extract): 2.5gal on apricot with Brett lambicus. 2.5 gal to bottles.

18. I typically do partial mash recipes and would love to try an all grain batch but being in an apartment not exactly an option. Good luck sir! As Well as you skivtjerry hope you have a good name for this bare brew

19. skivtjerry

Naked Hops IPA... kinda joking, but if the sun comes out I won't be wearing much. Winter sun is a little rare here, especially combined with 50F temperatures - gotta get my vitamin D!

2+ feet of snow just slid off the roof & scared the hell out of me... the thaw is on.

20. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (920) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member Verified Subscriber

Good brewing for those brewing this weekend.

I managed to get a round of golf in today at the club, in shorts and short sleeves. Had a couple of Sweetwater 420's at the clubhouse. Girl couldn't change the keg, so I went downstairs and did it for her, got a me a pitcher on the "house" for it!

No brewing for me.. Got a Chinook, Amarillo, Simcoe, Citra, Cascade IPA a week old in the fermenter still going, so gonna wait on that.

Enjoying a good homebrew Citra Pale Ale on the porch with a fire going. 67* out tonight in Georgia... Man I love global warming. Here's a toast to warm winters.

[​IMG]

21. skivtjerry

I'll check back with you in July:D

kjyost likes this.
  22. FATC1TY

Good point. The 90+ temps aren't all that awesome for my hobbies. Golf and brewing.. Ball flies, but beer takes a bit to chill with 78* ground water!

23. skivtjerry

I went to HS in Alabama and have lots of relatives around Atlanta, so I know how it is (that's one reason I'm here:)). But I do love your fall weather that lasts 3 months. We go from summer to winter in about 5-6 weeks here. But you do have good soft brewing water, as I do here - similar geology though the climate is different. Though my well water flows at 44F year round:D.

Drinking a homebrew Belma IPA indoors, by the woodstove right now...

FATC1TY likes this.
  24. FATC1TY

Good deal bud.

I see your way, way north. Way more north than I'd care to go!!

I'm a Texas boy, so this weather, with 4 real seasons is fun.. My father lives in N. Alabama.. Nice country, for Alabama!

Care to trade some Heady? Never had it.. I know you've got a hankerin' for some southern goodness eh?

25. skivtjerry

I don't trade because my wife would kill me if I spent more money on beer. However, she loves big imperial stouts (as do I, but she's crazy for them) so if you can get your hands on some Sexual Chocolate we might be able to talk... (or if your dad can convince Drive By Truckers to do a show up here soon).

(trivia): My avatar was taken in front of a fundamentalist church about 15 miles from where I was born in western NC. My lovely and beer loving wife is by my side.

26. FATC1TY

Hrmm... where in NC... We have a summer family house on Fontana near Bryson. Is that an Andrews number?

I have some good stouts from the area, especially West NC.. Nantahala and such. I'll try and come up with something in your favor. I'm an IPA fiend, and would love to try heady!