1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Locu Digs Deep into PBR Data: Hipsters Unphased

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Todd, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Shagator

Shagator Savant (410) Kentucky Mar 17, 2012

Evil Twin Hipster. Have seen it on several occasions. I Have had it once and it is way overpriced and not that good

2. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Aficionado (245) California Jul 12, 2012

We haven't made craft hip enough yet

3. APreacher

APreacher Savant (260) California Jun 6, 2012

PBR is nĂºmero UNO but true PNW when avail, knows that Rainier and Olympia reigned supreme. Stepping up to craft meant Henry Weinhart or Red "Hookion". Sure lucky bombers were evident but lacked in comparison.

As a retired hipster (sans capris, stashes and bikes with no gears) I give credit to where credit is due. Crack a can after trekking up a Mtn on a split board or brown bagging at your local park... CONSUME!

4. BKBassist

BKBassist Savant (480) New York Jan 24, 2013

Allow me to come to my generation and locality's defense, as a 30 yr old male resident of Williamsburg. Craft is everywhere here! I can walk into any bar an be guaranteed a drinkable beer! Obviously Brooklyn and Sixpoint are common, but Founders, Lagunitas, Victory, stone, Green Flash, Allagash and others are common at every bar, regardless of how craft oriented they are. I love living in the heart of hipsterville for many reasons, beer access chief among them.

We've also got great bottle shops and Evil Twins own bar for those that want to take the next steps.

regularjohn likes this.
  5. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,040) Washington Sep 18, 2010

They're being ironic.

6. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

But it looks different, yet strangely still beer in a can. Winner.