1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Loe's Brewing in Hickory

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by ncaudle, Aug 20, 2012.

1. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (610) Virginia May 28, 2010

going down to Hickory friday (after pit stops at Sams and Foothills) and have heard some good things about Loes. only 1 brew listed here so...

outside of it being really, really, really small and closing at 6, how is it? the website is a little lean on details. looks like a small bar and maybe some bottles to go.
    figured we'll hit them in the afternoon then Olde Hickory taproom that evening for dinner.

2. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

I've tried a few of their brews, and I've been impressed, especially for a very young, small operation. I haven't been to their tasting room, but I've had their beers at the Crescent Moon, one street back from the Olde Hickory Tap Room.

3. Does anyone know their current status? I've seen numerous postings on Facebook regarding a Kickstarter campaign to raise some money to keep the operations going.

4. Hi , this is Stephen, from Loe's Brewing. Just thought I would add an update, Our tasting room in Hickory is now closed. We were open 2pm- 10 pm Thurs- Sat. Not sure where you found 6 pm ? Please let me know so I can fix it! Anyway, as far as the kickstarter project goes, we were never in danger of closing the doors due to no business. We simply wanted to outgrow our Hickory location! We have now purchased the 32,000 sq ft pepsi cola bottling plant in Granite Falls Nc, and will be expanding to a 20 bbl Marks Brewhouse with 40 BBl fermentation tanks from Marks Metalworks, We should have about a 100 ft bar , booths and tables to allow more seating. We will also include a world class pizza restaurant. I will be expanding the hours to Monday- Sat , Lunch to close. We should have the restaurant open around Feb 2013, and the brewhouse should be installed by late March 2013. I will continue to provide high quality beer and food, using only the finest ingredients the world has to offer. The move to Granite Falls will provide all a better place to visit, hope to see you all very soon! Cheers

5. SaCkErZ9

SaCkErZ9 Champion (825) Florida Feb 27, 2005

The Hickory location was about as good as it gets. Not sure the GF location will be a "better place to visit" but good luck with the expansion. Just curious, why did you open at 2 instead of around 11 for lunch or around 4 for dinner? Seems an odd time to open and maybe wasted costs (missing the lunch crowd and open before anybody gets out of work)?

6. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (610) Virginia May 28, 2010

they don't have food at the Hickory location, just a (TINY) tasting room. good brews though!

Stephen, can't remember where I saw the 6pm info as that was back in the summertime when I was doing some research on your brewery.
    can you provide any info on the Apple Brandy Barrel Quad? do you remember how many bottles you made?
    I'm still sitting on a bottle I picked up from you back in August