1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Long Trail coming in cans

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Providence, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This may be very old news, if so, sorry 'bout that. It's news to me though, so I am stoked. Long Trail Ale is an all around awesome brew in my opinion and it is always a go-to for me. Having it in cans for camping, tailgating, drunk-lawn mowing is going to great.

http://www.longtrail.com/
  2. Do want canned double bag.
    kenselig and Stockfan42 like this.
  3. Looks like they're contracted brewed at F. X. Matt

[​IMG]
  4. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (555) California Aug 26, 2009

No surprise there. I see more contract cans put out by them than I do Saranac cans. Now that Wachusett has their canning line going with the intention of hosting contracts it will be interesting to see how many other northeastern breweries get in on the canning action.
    Chaz likes this.
  5. Does anyone know if they're putting LT Ale in 12 packs of cans? Would be worth seeking out this summer...LT offers quality reasonably priced beer.
    Ranbot and Providence like this.
  6. If they put the Pale Ale in cans I'd lose it. Such a great brew in my opinion.
  7. nickshep7

nickshep7 Aficionado (180) Maryland Jan 10, 2010

Every brew I've had from LT has been solid but I tend skip over them for some reason.... Maybe it's the labels?
  8. Steeeve

Steeeve Savant (255) Pennsylvania Nov 16, 2010

Not the biggest LT fan but hey, more can options is always a good thing! All their beers are very nicely priced which would make them great beach and tailgate choices.
  9. Thanks for the heads-up. I will keep an eye out for it. I love a good quality beer in the can. Especially in the summer.
  10. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

I'll take long trail in a can over magic hat in a can ANY day :p
  11. Yeah it appears that they're starting off with cans of LT Ale and Blackberry Wheat 12 packs. Hopefully moving on to their other styles from there
  12. mountsnow1010

mountsnow1010 Savant (355) Vermont Jan 23, 2009

I have seen LT Pale in cans in my local grocery store (in VT).

edit: I take that back, it MAY have been the Ale. I can't remember whether it was a dark or light green. Will check tomorrow.
  13. Flashy

Flashy Advocate (500) Vermont Oct 22, 2003

Brought a 12 pack for a golf outing, worked out just fine.
  14. Also, the ex-Pabst exec's Two Roads Brewing Co. (w/100 bbl. brewhouse) in CT where Phil Markowski is moving also is planning on eventually canning - and is primarily aiming at contracting to fill most of it's brewing capacity.
    Chaz likes this.
  15. Thads324

Thads324 Savant (390) Connecticut Jan 21, 2010

I've seen only 6 packs of it here in ct. For the price it's good stuff. I think in the next few years more and more big names will get into canning to the point where bottles will be nearly obsolete
  16. Long Trail Imperial Porter is simply amazing .... Truly world class
    smutty33 and Providence like this.
  17. I would love to see the LT Belgian White in cans. Very nice beer for a very hot day.
  18. Totally agree. Talk about a brew that flies under the radar!
    smutty33 likes this.
  19. bought a 12 of cans here in CT last week purely based on nostalgia. My buddy use to brew for them back in 1991 and it was an early fine micro. Too see it in cans was really cool. Taking it with me to a bluegrass festival along with some Cisco IPA in cans, probably also done by F.X. Matt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.