1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Looking for a fellow OC BA to help out w/ Alpine

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by baybassboy, Feb 14, 2013.

1. baybassboy

baybassboy Member

Indulge me...

I have a group of friends (none of which are on BA) who gather quarterly for a themed beer tasting/challenge. Next Saturday, we will be having our next instalment, The Great Growler Grapple. In this challenge, each participant is tasked with bringing a growler of their favorite local-ish beer to be blind tasted and judged against the others. From the first group e-mail that went out, I knew that I would be entering Nelson as my beer. However, looking at my schedule for the upcoming week+, I am thinking I will not be making it down to Alpine to fill my growler(s). So I am looking for a fellow OC BA to help me out (because it is the BA thing to do).

This is where you come in. Is there anyone in the greater OC area who is planning on making the trip to Alpine in the next 8 day who would be willing to help me out? I am looking for someone to fill my 2 growlers for me while they are down there... that's it. I will handle getting them to you and picking them up from you. I will pay for my growler fills, and we can work out some sort of compensation for your troubles (gas $, bottles, growler fill... TBD). Looking for a great BA who believes in beer karma.

BM me or respond here and we'll go from there. I know there are plenty of fellow BA's who will vouch for me if you need that sort of affirmation. Thanks in advance... let's do this
  2. BdubleEdubleRUN

BdubleEdubleRUN Member

Hopefully some OC BA will be able to step up for you Mo.

Worst case scenario, I can get a growler of Nelson to Eric and essentially make it so it's an hour closer for you. Or maybe some OC BA going to PP or Churchill's can get it from Eric and bring it north. Just shooting some scenarios out there.

Any BA that does this for Mo I will try and meet at Alpine and buy a couple pitchers for us to drink at the pub.
    MarkIntihar, ehammond1 and baybassboy like this.
  3. EyePeeAyBryan

EyePeeAyBryan Member

I'm driving up from phoenix and will be stopping at Alpine when they open on Friday morning. I'll be in North Park Friday and then Anaheim Saturday and Sunday. Anything I can do?
  4. jpeck13

jpeck13 Member

Somebody please help this man.
  5. OTB

OTB Member

I may be heading to SD for business early next week and if so I will hit Alpine for refills, If this plays out I will gladly fill growlers for you.

Cheers.....
  6. nanobrew

nanobrew Member

if none of those other guys are able to help out I might be able to get you the growler last moment. I am hoping to go to Alpine next Friday, and then I will be in OC for the Bruery initiation party. Not sure yet if i will be in OC just Saturday or the whole weekend, or which day I would be arriving.
  7. baybassboy

baybassboy Member

Ok guys... I had a few different opportunities fall through. Things come up, it's just beer, NBD... but gonna bump this one up one last time to try and find someone running down today or tomorrow and returning to the OC area by 4pm on Saturday.

Please let me know if you can help... I gotta win this blind tasting challenge