1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Looking for CBC Bottles near Lowell

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by theKman, Feb 29, 2012.

1. theKman

theKman Zealot (85) New Hampshire Dec 15, 2008

Since Cambridge Brewing started bottling, I haven't seen any of their bombers on the shelf. Can anyone point me in the right direction in the Greater Lowell/Nashua area? Dying to try the Scotch Ale and Sgt. Pepper. Thanks!

2. im pretty sure thay carry them at harringtons in chelmsfrod.

3. theKman

I usually avoid Harrington's due to the negative things I've heard about ownership/management from customers and employees there over the years, but if it's the only game in town for CBC I'll have to head over.

4. Have you tried Liquor World in Tyngsboro?

5. theKman

Do you mean the Liquor Shop (http://www.theliquorshops.com/) next to Trader Joe's? If so, yes, this is my #1 local shop. I have yet to see it there, although in the last month I've probably only made one quick trip inside. If you're referring to somewhere else, please clarify. Thanks.

6. woops...yes, Liquor Shop

I haven't been in a while it was just a quick guess

7. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (600) California Aug 26, 2009

Have't been there in the past month but I often make a quick trip there anytime I'm in southern NH and have definitely seen CBC bottles there. Take a closer look next time, it's easy to overlook them as they are mixed in with all the other bombers.

8. Harringtons had the Tripel Threat and Audacity of Hops when I was there on 25Feb... Never personally had any probs with their management there....

Prosit!

9. Andover Liquors has had the CBC stuff in stock

10. theKman

Well, I figured a field trip was in order :) . The Liquor Shop in Tyngsboro does in fact carry CBC bombers. It was easy to overlook them, as Kinsman mentioned, as they're on the bottom corner of the shelves. The had The Audacity of Hops (which I'm now drinking), and Tripel Threat. Unfortunately they did not have either the Scotch or Sgt. Pepper, but I'll just grab those another time. I'll also plan a trip to Harrington's next time I'm heading that way. Thanks guys.

As a note to anyone in the area unfamiliar with The Liquor Shop, they've been good to me there since they opened, and are highly recommended (I'll have some more KBS shortly thanks to them). Their sister store is the the one next to Market Basket on Bridge St. in Lowell.