1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Looking for English Ale suggestions

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by PaulUK, Sep 8, 2012.

1. PaulUK

PaulUK Initiate (15) Sep 8, 2012

Hi all

This is my first ever post on this fantastic forum. I was looking for a little advice.

I moved to America last year (New Mexico), I am English, from Nottingham. For the last year I have been going through many a beer trying to work out what was really drinkable and what wasn't.

One thing I have really struggled to find is something that is the equivelant to a ESB, a properly nice fruity ale, or just a good old fashioned bitter. It may be that i'm looking in all the wrong places. I try a lot of brown ales but frankly they mostly seem to be overly nutty and not nearly malty enough. Its been tough this summer because its been too hot for Porters and other styles of ale that should be drank at room temperature, so i've gone to drinking Belgian wheat beers.

So, does anyone know of a good ESB-style of beer or a nice lighter fruity ale?

Also, is it possible to get much British beer in New Mexico, preferably online? I've looked all over and I know that breweries such as the fantastic Fullers, Greene King etc are over here, but none seem to deliver to NM.

Cheers guys.