1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by 1Adam12, Jan 27, 2013.

1. 1Adam12

1Adam12 Savant (310) Indiana May 6, 2011

I know it's not out yet, but I'm looking to trade for an entire case of GI's bourbon county barleywine (if I can't enough to buy). So, if I were to throw a box together of say 1 black tuesday 11, 1 chocolate rain 12, 1 king henry, and a dark lord vertical of 10-12, does that sound like enough to get it done? I know this is all speculation as none of us know yet how difficult this will be to get or if it will be any good (it's goose island bourbon county line, so i'm sure it will be fantastic), or if this is even feasible, but I would appreciate your thoughts.
    gpawned likes this.
  2. I would certainly hope so.
  3. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Initiate (0) California Nov 26, 2008

I can say with 100% confidence that your offer might get it done.
    SpdKilz, drewba, gpawned and 7 others like this.
  4. vurt

vurt Savant (495) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

We don't know the release date, price point, availability, or desirability of Goose Island Bourbon County Barleywine. We have no real idea of the desirability or relative value of your beers when/if this beer is released in bottles.

My feedback: That's just too many unknowns. You might as well ask the Magic 8-Ball:

http://www.ask8ball.net/
  5. VonZipper

VonZipper Savant (450) New York Feb 9, 2011

I'll do this.
  6. Ironically, you're not helping your case by posting this, particularly so far in advance of its release. People see stuff like this and run wild with it, and suddenly everybody will be hoarding it and holding out for Chocolate Rain because "they saw it got done".

Much better off just posting a quiet ISO and working out the details privately...
  7. What was all that one in a million talk?
    gpawned, 1Adam12 and landhoney like this.
  8. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

I can absolutely guarantee that no one who answers this does so with any degree of prescience.

I would trade with you but I made it a point, couple years back, never to trade with you so long as that was your avatar :)
    1Adam12 likes this.
  9. So far the only info is TTB label approval. Chillax, bruh.
  10. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

How is this not done already?
    ForkAndSpoonOp and gpawned like this.
  11. So you're asking the trade community to set the price for you? That's not enough. I want MOAR!
  12. 1Adam12

1Adam12 Savant (310) Indiana May 6, 2011

You must've been a knicks fan back in the day :)
  13. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

I will hate that man for the rest of my life.
  14. Boom Baby!!!
  15. damn where can i purchase a case to make this trade lol
  16. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

I am 100% positive that this beer will likely come out some time in the future (probably 2013 or 14), it will likely be priced similarly to BCBS 4pks plus or minus $10, there will probably not be enough, and many people will desire it.
  17. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

(April, yo. Assuming the GI calendar posted in GL Forum is legit)
    gpawned likes this.
  18. gpawned

I don't trust brewers and their timelines.

I don't trust brewers because of (and relating to) their timelines.

FTFM
    MordorMongo likes this.
  19. vurt

vurt Savant (495) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

I count two "likelys" and a "probably". It is my 100% opinion that there is some margin for error in there.
  20. gpawned

yeah I poking fun at the last guy who did the same thing (scroll up)