1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Looking for: hayesez

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by vasdef42, Feb 4, 2013.

1. vasdef42

vasdef42 Member

This is by no means an out of a bad trader, Erik has always done more than enough on his end in our trades. I was hoping a fellow advocate has been in contact with him, since I have lost communication with him since his last log in, December 15th. We do have a trade in progress, but I am hoping more to confirm his well being than hassle him about a box. BM me if you don't feeling like posting publicly. Thanks to any and all BA'ers for your help.
  2. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Member

I haven't heard from him in a while either, I will hit him up and see if I can get a hold of him. I know over the past couple years he's be using the site rather sparingly.
    claaark13 likes this.
  3. ant880

ant880 Member

I believe the established procedure to deal with this is to draw a wanted poster of his avatar in MS Paint

P.S. If you do not want this thread deleted, do not follow the above-mentioned established procedure
  4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Member

$0.02 relating back to a BIF that was carried over from the old site. thus far hayesez has definitely shown himself as trust worthy, but also shown that BA is not his top priority. based on some history, seems like you have no worries about getting your box, but hayesez might not be the best to trade with if you are looking for a quick swap with lots of communication.
    ehammond1 likes this.
  5. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Member

Good call. Definitely wouldn't want to trade with a guy who LIFs boxes like this based on his spotty communication :confused: :

6. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Member

That's always the tease, isn't it. The beer siren that tells you 'who cares if the rep is a little spotty. Make the trade. Jezizz, those are fine-ass beers.'

IMO, it's not worth the weeks of unreturned messages, checking the front porch 3x a day and general aggravation - don't care if the beer was brewed in barrels of 23 year old God Van Winkle.
    cosmicevan, Lutter and Photekut like this.
  7. lucas1801

lucas1801 Member

It was an awesome box from.a.great LIF but it wasnt the most expedient was Evans point. So yeah if you are patient it seems you will get some great beer, but as cosmicevan said it may not be the quickest transaction. As long as you know that going in no biggie.
    cosmicevan likes this.
  8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Member

yeah, that's all i'm trying to say. the man is definitely generous, but some traders are into a quick transaction. i don't think it is a bad thing to point out that your box will be worth the wait, but to be prepared for a wait. right now, if you set up a trade with me, be prepared for a wait as BA hasn't been my highest priority lately, but when i get into trade negotiations these days i state that up front...and if the person is looking for a quick turnaround i either provide a quick turnaround or don't do the trade. to some people honesty > generosity.
  9. ant880

ant880 Member

Sorry, I cant take anything you say seriously without your Phish avatar ;)
  10. vasdef42

vasdef42 Member

He is back on the grid! and just to reiterate, Erik is awesome. I was just reaching out to make sure he wasnt picked up by the Mayans on Dec. 20th. Thanks everyone for the help. Def. trade with Erik if you get a chance. cheers!
    cosmicevan and MarkIntihar like this.