1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Looking for: Meine Lieblingsbrauhaus

Discussion in 'Germany' started by MgFalcon, Dec 21, 2012.

1. MgFalcon

MgFalcon Aspirant (35) Dec 5, 2012

So it was back in 2010 that I went on a school funded trip (mostly funded by prospecting companies looking for engineers) for German and Engineering majors to Germany. Now what happened here was something special that I'm sure we've all had somewhere or another - I drank my utmost favorite beer, it came from a wooden cask. [​IMG]

To describe this place it was a brewpub in Hamburg - located away from anything touristy down an alleyway under a cobblestone archway with a BIG barred wooden door. As soon as you walk in you can see the beer vats enclosed behind glass (I believe) and the place just begs for a beernut/foodie to stay. The main dining room had the iconic German bench tables, and then in the backroom there was an interesting keg-booth. [​IMG]

I do believe there is a breathalyzer machine for one Euro close by this section (but I may be mistaken). But what I'm asking and hoping is that one of you may remember/know this places' name, because sadly I have forgotten it (I saved a beer coaster but it may or may not be the location I'm looking for). This is the gem of my beer experience and perpetuated my love of beer, I would forever be grateful for anyone that knows this place. I leave you with my first sip of this amaze-brew:
    [​IMG]

(OK so maybe it was my 3rd glass haha)
  2. Stahlsturm

Stahlsturm Savant (420) Germany Mar 21, 2005

Unfortunately none of those images you posted show up for me :(
  3. mjtierney2

mjtierney2 Savant (465) Germany Jul 31, 2011

Nor me. However, I have not been to Hamburg anyway although I'd like to go one day.
  4. Sounds like Gröninger. They don't use the kettles in the subterranean part of the building anymore but instead do all brewing in what was Brauhaus Hanseat, now also part of Gröninger and connected via an underground passage.
  5. MgFalcon

mjtierney2 likes this.
  6. mjtierney2

How much can you blow up your own photo? In the top picture, the name of the place (likely?) is written on the Kellner's shirt, but I can't make it out on Imageshack.

Edit: If you figure it out, please share! Looks like a fun place.
  7. mjtierney2

8. steveh

steveh Advocate (705) Illinois Oct 8, 2003

9. MgFalcon likes this.
  10. MgFalcon