1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

Looking for Ommegang Game of Thrones "Iron Throne" beer

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by IronThrone, Mar 18, 2013.

1. IronThrone

IronThrone Initiate (20) California Mar 17, 2013

I'm from California and they don't carry the game of thrones "iron throne" here yet. I'm looking to buy some bottle for the season 3 premier!! Anyone knows when and where they will be releasing in Northern California "bay area"? Any help would be great!! Any release parties? I contacted ommegang and all they can tell me is it should be in my area march 27th.

2. We got it in Kentucky this past Tuesday I believe. $7 per bomber.

3. I didn't realize these were released yet. Would definitely like to get my hands on one by the 31st

4. Hits OC starting Wednesday. Total, Whole Foods, Bev Mo and a few choice independents.

5. Anyone know of any Whole Foods or other spots doing a release event like they were doing in the East Coast? Had glassware for the beer as well as sale of the bottles.

6. It was on the availability yesterday for my store. I ordered it. Hopefully it shows up

7. I'd be interested in finding out if anywhere in SoCal had the glassware as well.. Gotta keep my eye out for that

8. East Bay supposedly gets it on Friday.

kristalynn likes this.
  9. Rasputin

Rasputin Aficionado (205) Illinois Nov 27, 2004

This beer has been on the shelves (in limited amounts) for a week now, yet I can't seem to find anywhere it's listed for review on this site. Anyone have any idea what's going on there?

10. From what I can tell, SoCal hasn't received it yet. Tustin Total Wine's said they have it in their system, but the rep stated it'll be in tomorrow.

11. You can add it with a review.

12. It hit the East Bay today
    Just went on the shelves at beer rev

RobertV916 likes this.
  13. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (425) California Mar 13, 2009

This just hit SD today.

14. This hit Orange County today. Looks like most places got around 5 cases?

15. IN Roch NY

16. gonna hit up bevmo in ladera ranch to see if they got any

17. I bought one at Hi-Times in Costa Mesa today. It was the only one on the shelf around 12:30ish. I don't know if they had any more.

18. jds8411

jds8411 Savant (475) California Oct 12, 2008

As of 6 p.m. today, there are 2 cases left at Total Wine in Tustin.

19. What's the price on this?

20. Just picked one up at TW Tustin. Shelf said 11.99 but they charged me 8.99

21. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

Anyone see the glassware?

jamex likes this.
  22. jamex

jamex Savant (285) California Feb 13, 2010

From reports they said the price was going to be $8.50. I'm sure there is going to be a minor price gouge in effect due to the gimmick factor.

23. jds8411

jds8411 Savant (475) California Oct 12, 2008

$7.99 a bottle. One bottle limit.

PlinyTheYoungest likes this.
  24. suggested retail is $8.99, at least according to the promo material they sent out

25. mingo

mingo Aficionado (240) Minnesota Mar 24, 2013

$8.99, no limit at my local Total Wine.

26. Sherman Oaks Whole Foods had a slew of it. $8.99 as well. Should start hitting Bevmo's this week as Santa Monica location had it and was sold out/not in inventory as of last night.

27. mrkrispy

mrkrispy Savant (410) California Apr 5, 2006

I've seen it for $9 at several BA-approved bottle shops in San Diego.

28. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Savant (320) California Aug 19, 2011

on tap at blind lady tomorrow i think :)

29. Beer Revolution went thru 5 cases in two and half days
    and three kegs
    sheesh

dperga likes this.
  30. Dag87

Dag87 Disciple (65) California Dec 18, 2012

I saw a bunch at total wine in Tustin.

31. Kmkzbdon

Kmkzbdon Zealot (95) California Apr 25, 2012

Has anyone seen this in the Sacramento/Roseville area? I am trying to pick up a few bottles by Sunday so hopefully a few cases pop up somewhere.

32. any update on the event? Time or anything like that?

33. Why are people so excited about this? It has a 3.93 average on BA.

34. Everybody wants a bottle for the Game of Thrones premiere on Sunday.

35. I still plan on watching, just with something good ;)

36. SDJesse

SDJesse Initiate (15) Mar 26, 2013

Understandable, but the books have a huge cult following and I guess Iron Throne just brings some of us a little closer to the Seven Kingdoms ;)

37. Like you never sat down on a Saturday morning with your G.I. Joe PJ's holding your Captain Grid-Iron action figure and eating out of the officially licensed G.I. Joe cereal, which must have been made from old Chinese news paper and sugar.

But sure as hell you loved every moment of it.

Same reasons.

beerme411, vissai and pmarlowe like this.
  38. Kmkzbdon

Kmkzbdon Zealot (95) California Apr 25, 2012

Well to answer my own question in case anyone else is looking for a bottle. Citrus Heights Bevmo just got in two cases this morning, $8.99 a bottle, no limits.

39. Yup, all shops I've been to have sold out in a matter of a day of receiving them. A buddy of mine said someone he knows copped 10 bottles in order to enjoy one for every episode this season. Methinks that person might not know there are more GOT beers coming. The hype is strong on this one either way.

Though if they release a dark malty ale or something stout-like, I'm giving in to the hype. My wife and I are pretty big GOT fans, and after hearing the "friend got 10 bottles, 1 for every ep" story, my wife was like "Hey that's a really good idea." So at least I don't have to explain why we have an assload of GOT beers in the fridge when it does happen.

I've given up officially chasing Iron Throne down, but I might buy a bottle if I run across it on a grocery run just to tick.

40. Found some at Whole Foods in Pasadena. There was none on the shelf, but one of the clerks got it from the back for me.