Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine by selecting auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Looking for Ommegang Game of Thrones "Iron Throne" beer

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by IronThrone, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Advocate (510) California Jan 7, 2013 Verified

when was this? Picked up 3 from Whole Foods yesterday night. They were just in a single row near the other ommegang beers.
  2. ahh the perfect marriage of fantasy geek with beer geek! this release totally surprised me they sold out everywhere. totally thought it was gonna be a plentiful supply.
  3. TheAngryBurrito

TheAngryBurrito Savant (255) California Jan 6, 2013 Verified

About 5:30 at the location on Arroyo.
  4. AndrewK

AndrewK Savant (470) California Oct 20, 2006

we will be tapping a keg of Iron Throne Sunday 3.31 at 10am and playing all of Season 2 on our tv, with time to finish before the premier Sunday night (we dont have HBO so we wont be playing the premier ourselves).
  5. MarcM

MarcM Aficionado (155) California Aug 19, 2011

Picked it up at Valley Beverage Co. in Sherman Oaks last night. Everyone else in the East San Fernando Valley seems to be sold out.
    PeterJ likes this.
  6. cinco

cinco Aficionado (125) California Sep 16, 2006

i noticed a couple cases at the thousand oaks total wine last night.
  7. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Champion (940) Michigan Aug 29, 2012 Verified

Two things:

1) It always annoys me when people stockpile limited release beers--especially when they obviously haven't had a chance to even taste said beer yet. They aren't collecting cards, they're beer. Your friend buying 10 so that he can drink one with each episode is pretty obnoxious to someone who had to pay a premium to get one bottle online given how quickly the local stores ran out (many before the case was actually in store). I feel like I would be willing to give up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. bottle of a limited release if I knew it would be going to someone who wouldn't otherwise get to try it. Not without compensation, obviously, but I would still be willing to part with the beer. Oh well... it's a free country and I suppose your friend has the right to enjoy the show and beer however he wants...

2) But speaking of paying a premium, as of this morning, LetsPour had the Iron Throne bottles available. $14 each and limit 1 per customer, so that kinda sucks, but if you are interested in trying it, this might be your only option. So you could get your hands on one without chasing it down, but as of 30 minutes ago, they only had 4 left on the site (and shipping is pretty outrageous from Lets Pour unless you're buying at least 6 bottles from the same ship-from location).
  8. Yesterday Stone was doing a promo where you could buy the glass for an extra $2 after 3:00. We got there a little after 4:00 and all of the glasses, draft and bottles were gone.
  9. Zerric

Zerric Aficionado (155) California Jun 30, 2010

Just put it out at Stearns, 9.99 alot of people who dont drink beer are after this one. Book fans, and Tv show fans have asked about this way more than beer dudes. But if you guys want it probably gota make it quick.
  10. drewone

drewone Champion (840) California Sep 18, 2006 Verified

westwood whole foods had some on the shelf yesterday about 5pm.
  11. errantnight

errantnight Advocate (675) California Jul 7, 2005 Verified

Glendale Whole Foods had maybe 3-5 bottles left after I grabbed mine last night.
  12. Picked up a bottle for the premiere earlier today at Clem's Bottle House in SD. They got one case and were charging $9.99. Unfortunately they didn't have the glass.
  13. weho whole foods had about a half a case on the shelf as of 3:30pm today
  14. kaseydad

kaseydad Champion (775) California Nov 23, 2008

Walnut Creek Bevmo has many multiples as well as Scarface Barrel Aged Stout. Come one, come all.
  15. BoRaeCho

BoRaeCho Savant (260) California Nov 25, 2010

I really enjoyed it
  16. Dag87

Dag87 Aficionado (100) California Dec 18, 2012 Verified

Newport Beach Whole Foods has at least 2 cases as of Sunday 3/30
  17. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (460) California Mar 13, 2009 Verified

both bottlecrafts got restocked
  18. It's at world market in nor cal already.
  19. Earlycsquid

most world markets around here had it blow off their shelves. Anyone know if they'll be re-ordering these? Most places I've talked to said it was a one time shipment.
  20. mingo

mingo Savant (375) Minnesota Mar 24, 2013 Verified

It has an availability until 5/5. As long as their distributor has it, they can order until then. I just went to a Bevmo that had none nor had they expected to order any. I had them order a case in.
  21. AndresR

AndresR Savant (350) California Jul 19, 2009 Verified

Whole Foods El Segundo has about 3 cases on the floor. Been there for a few days.
  22. Earlycsquid

Anyone know of any Ommegang Iron Throne events happening soon? I heard from the L.A. reps last week that Orange County still had keep the glass/Ommegang nights.

On a side note, they also dropped word that the next release was going to be a Belgian Stout released in September.
  23. mingo

mingo Savant (375) Minnesota Mar 24, 2013 Verified

Dunno, but if you are looking for the glasses, they are now available on their website.
  24. Dstegner119

Dstegner119 Initiate (15) New York Jul 23, 2014

Is anyone able to help me out. I tried calling the store INFINITELOOP mentioned above they have at least a full case of Iron Throne left. But they won't ship. Can anyone help me out here? I'll pay for the trouble please PM me if you think you could. I am new to the site but it seems like a good group of folks.
  25. Dstegner119

26. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Advocate (565) California Sep 24, 2013 Verified

Hello Thread from March.
  27. Dstegner119

Thanks FROGOUT69 I called the store link above yesterday. They still have cases in stock but won't ship. I'm just trying to find a kind soul that will help me out obtaining two bottles. I can PayPal the person willing to help.
  28. PDX25i

PDX25i Initiate (5) Oct 11, 2014

@Dstegner119... I called SOMA from the link above on Oct 12 and they confirmed they still have several cases of Iron Throne in stock and were willing to ship it to me in Oregon. However, they didn't seem to really know what they were talking about because when I asked if they have Ommegang Iron Throne in stock they just say "Yeah yeah we got alot of that" and weren't willing to double check for me. So I sent a buddy who lives in the Bay Area in to check it out and buy all they had if they in fact had any and of course it turns out they in fact do not have any Iron Throne. The only GoT beers they have in stock are Fire & Blood, and Valar Morghulis.