1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Looking for people who can vouch for TJ008

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by PetieP, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Hope this is the right forum for this. Ive never requested info like this, but saw similar posts here, so i thought i'd put out a feeler.

I'm a relatively new trader, and just put together a trade with TJ008. No red flags, but he has no list of trade partners on his profile. I thought I'd do my due diligence and get some homework done. Anyone have any experience with this guy? He seems to be on the level, just wanted to cover my bases, and get into a habit of vetting trading partners. Ive seen recent posts of new traders being taken advantage of, just want to try to avoid that. Thanks to anyone that can help.

2. Your best bet might be to just ask him for trade references and follow up with them rather than hope they see this.

Gosox8787, Duff27 and maximum12 like this.
  3. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

The appropriate things is to ask him if he has any previous trades.

4. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

I see you already have a few references, but you said it yourself you're relatively new to trading. New traders shouldn't start trading with other new traders. If he can't produce any references and you're dead set on completing this trade with him then make him ship first. Plain and simple.

tut2528, Gosox8787 and claaark13 like this.
  5. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (645) Indiana Nov 29, 2007

I've long believed this myself. However, I think we're nearing/at the point where the new traders (<1yr trading) outnumber the old traders (+1yr trading). 2012 blew up the trading community population.

Gosox8787 and Duff27 like this.
  6. Good info. Thanks very much, guys!