1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Looking for some honest feedback

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Ckoz, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Ckoz

Ckoz Aficionado (220) Michigan Feb 15, 2014

Just need a little feedback from you guys.

Looking to land a bottle of Rare for a buddy of mine who after years of trying is finally having a kid. Flying out at the end of the month to see them and want to pop one open with him. He likes craft beer and also high-end scotch/whiskey/bourbon so I figure this is the best of both worlds for him. Help me construct a reasonable offer-I am willing to overpay to a certain degree to get it done ASAP as I don't want to be waiting until the last minute. I tried throwing up some offers recently with no bites.

Here is what I am sitting on that people would probably be most interested in:

meads removed...
    BB4d
    4D
    Summer Solstice
    Imperial Stout

Bells BA Cherry x2
    '14 Huna
    Mexi Cake
    Bo and Luke
    Plenty of Black Note, BCBS and some variants
    BBPt5-several

Thanks in advance for the info

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  2. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (655) Texas Aug 16, 2005

You may want to specify what BCBS variants you have and how many because those could possibly be your best chance.

BTW, maybe you already knew this but it looks like a MOD may have inserted "meads removed" (much nicer than just deleting the post) because meads aren't allowed to be traded on this site. Just an FYI.

3. Ckoz

Backayrd, coffee, bbbw and a cherry rye...might have a Prop soon but Im hoping to hang on to that one.

PS: why would meads be removed when people trade them in the forum?

4. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (655) Texas Aug 16, 2005

See above. If they're in the forum that's just because they haven't been noticed by the MODS yet.

I'm not the best person to ask about trade values so Id hate to even say anything but I think it would take something like 2 out of 3 (cherry, backyard, prop) plus bb4d multiples and/or bbpt5th multiples. I know you don't want to give it up but if you don't want to dick around cherry, prop and backyard would get it done quickly (I think). At that point your may be better off just sharing those 3 with your buddy.

Again, my advice is pretty worthless but I'd suggest posting ISO: Rare FT: list. List everything you have and tell them your willing to combo the bottles. That may appeal to more people rather than posting a specific FT. See if you get any replies that way and only trade what you're willing to give up or are comfortable with.

Hope that kinda helps.

blue-dream likes this.
  5. Ckoz

Thanks it does.

cfh64 likes this.