1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Looking for stemmed pokal glasses

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by hoeg0015, May 26, 2012.

1. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Savant (340) Minnesota Jul 15, 2008

I'm looking for more obscure glasses now that I have a fairly thorough collection. One of the glasses that caught my eye is a stemmed pokal glass

[​IMG]

Images for this glass are hard to come by. More often you see a rounded shape, but I'm looking for something stemmed and squared. Anyone have a good lead on this one? Branded or unbranded.

2. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Savant (340) Minnesota Jul 15, 2008

That looks good! I had envisioned, or read in some book, that they were smaller than 10 oz but maybe I'm making that up. Thanks for the tip

3. CrowdedMill

CrowdedMill Aspirant (25) Sep 18, 2012

I found this thread while looking for some information on Pokal glasses. I purchased two of these glasses today. There is a "fill" line that reads 0.2L about an inch and a half from the rim of the glass. So, with head, a fifth of a liter is what the one I have holds.

Interestingly, I poured Celebrator into it. That link from GrindFatherBob shows a proper pokal glass with Celebrator branding on it, but that is most definitely not Celebrator in the glass for the photo. This fine double bock is much darker in color.

4. i have found several good pokal glasses on ebay .de the german site they are often a euro each and many sellers will post worldwide, if you do not speak german its best to translate pages the next one i find i'll send a link to get you started