1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Los Cabos San Lucas trip. . .

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by dcgunman, Dec 16, 2012.

1. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

Planning on going on a mini vacation to Los Cabos San Lucas in January. Is there any place in town to get craft beer? Store, bar, restaurant, etc? Or is it just the regular Corona, Bohemia, mex beers? Planning on stopping in the Cabo Wabo. Any good beers inside the Cabo Wabo?

Bajabrewingcompany likes this.
  2. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

I love cabo, been there 6 times. Baja Brewing Company makes craft beer. I had an amber ale when I was there, it was Ok compared to US craft beer, but a much better option than the regular Mexican beer.I think they were out of the IPA when I was there.

But the view is amazing. It is on the top floor of Cabo Villas resort. I recommend going just for the view alone and you can sample some local craft beer.

Aside from that place aside from a place that closed down a couple of years ago, I haven't seen any US craft beer. If you hear about a place that has it or find some yourself, let me know. What hotel are you staying at?

You may want to post this in the general forum where more eyeballs may see this.

Bajabrewingcompany and dcgunman like this.
  3. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

Btw, there are two locations, the one at Cabo Villas on Medano Beach and one in San Jose Del Cabo

Bajabrewingcompany likes this.