1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Lost/Stolen? BA Plum Alpha Klaus #197 and #277

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by darienm, Apr 30, 2012.

1. darienm

darienm Aficionado (140) Illinois Apr 23, 2010

A member of our group purchased bottles #197/391 and #277/391 and they were removed from our table some time prior to us leaving. If you or someone you know accidentally walked off with them (hey, they all look alike) we would welcome them back no questions asked. Thanks for checking this post.

[​IMG]

2. darienm

Update: Since I've been told that some people rub off numbers, also be on the lookout for what may appear to be bottles #97 and #77. These bottles belong to a young woman who attended DLD for the first time, and cried all the way home. I'd like her to have a better memory of the day.

3. sullenbee

sullenbee Savant (340) Michigan Jan 15, 2010

Awww, this makes me sad. I hope you find them! (Or that karma bites the ass of whoever took them from her.)

Zaphog and DoubleNickels like this.
  4. That's some seriously lame shit.

Someone posted that a couple guys were jamming DL's into their backpack in front of a group of like 15 people, and they got off easy. Maybe it's those same people that stole your brews. :(

Karma will get them in the end. Here's to hoping they're returned!

5. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

It's a shame that a few scums at a fun event like this can ruin someone's day. The good in the situation is that you have shots of the bottles so people can be on the lookout on the 'bay or at tastings.

Hope it works out for you!

6. This.

7. foobula

foobula Savant (340) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

That sucks. Hope this story has a happier ending.

8. TapeDeck

TapeDeck Aficionado (240) Illinois Mar 31, 2011

One of the only bummers of the day. She lost hers, and another friend at that table lost 2 regular DLs. Someone probably grabbed both and put them into a 4 pack. Really shady crap. And this group was pouring for anyone who wanted some.

9. WillCarrera

WillCarrera Advocate (505) Ohio Oct 11, 2010

What a disgrace. They should be ashamed of themselves.

10. the more posts I read about people who attended the more I think this whole event is being overrun by frat boy ass-hats looking to get drunk on whatever people are pouring.

Thats also F***in weak that those were taken and ruined the whole thing for her, especially on the first time there.

Duff27 likes this.
  11. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 4, 2009

Contrary to popular belief, it is also possible for "beeradvocates" to be total ass hats without morals.

On a whole though, this year was fantastic, and everyone was very generous, but whenever you get a cross section of 6,000 people i guess there will be some really lame people. I learned a lesson about protecting my bottles too, thankfully Imperialking was able to ward off the attacker and i went home with mine.

ON THAT NOTE.
    If anyone else bought those bottles, and would be willing to trade them, i'd like to see if i could trade/buy them to hook up Darien's friend.

JohnB87, Brew33, nrbw23 and 9 others like this.
  12. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 18, 2010

I will help with this as well.

Zaphog, JohnB87, nrbw23 and 3 others like this.
  13. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Yep, me too. I have a bottle of Black Note to throw at this cause.

Zaphog, JohnB87, Shagtastic and 4 others like this.
  14. Rempo

Dear lord, Marc.

ChadQuest likes this.
  15. MarcatGSB

Let's get it done! If you find a suitor, I will just send you a box and you can throw it in with whatever else is included.

16. foobula

I would like to donate to this cause as well!

17. I too, can lend a helping hand

18. Way to go guys, reaffirms my belief in humanity a bit. 99% of BA's really are a cut above the norm anymore.

19. MarcatGSB

Any word on this yet, let's not let it slip thru the cracks. If Black Note isn't desired, I can do 2011 MoAS or King Henry.

20. darienm

I'm sorry to say no one has come forward with any additional information. But that's kinda what we expected.

21. foobula

I guess we're waiting for someone to come forward with 2 BA Plum Klaus they'd be willing to trade for a worthy cause. (We could just send the unfortunate victim some other whales, which I'm not opposed to, but that wouldn't really be complete restitution.)

EDIT: Even 1 BA Plum Klaus for her would be very, very cool

22. I don't have a BA Plum Klaus, but can offer to send some beer to someone who does, and in return, he/she can send the beer to the the lady who lost/had it stolen.

23. darienm

It looks like we are in the process of receiving one bottle of BA Plum Klaus. I'll let her know, and post her response here.

Shagtastic, adamdd and Eriktheipaman like this.
  24. Shagtastic

Shagtastic Initiate (0) Indiana Jul 30, 2011

I absolutely hate to see that happen and don't want anyone else feel that way so I'm hoping we can get another bottle up there too. I'd be willing to send something to anyone who matched my bottle

Rempo, MarkIntihar and foobula like this.
  25. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

I'll give a properly cellared 1997 Boon Kriek 375mL to a local person who can give darien's friend a bottle of Plum Klaus. The caveat is that you drink it, not trade it or sell it.

26. Blanco

Blanco Advocate (510) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2008

yeah, and thrown in the fact that many people drink way before being let in and once in are drinking BA-this and BA-that and other high ABV beers, you're bound to get some jerk-offs.

27. Shagtastic

Shagtastic Initiate (0) Indiana Jul 30, 2011

I mentioned it above but I am sending a bottle. I'll send the person who matches me a set of Three Floyds Bombers and a nice Bourbon County Stout on top of that

28. TMoney2591

TMoney2591 Champion (980) Illinois Apr 21, 2009

My faith in humanity/community is slightly rejuvenated. Right on.

29. foobula

That's awesome, thanks Shagtastic. Once she has her bottle(s), I'll send you and the other BA Plum Klaus donor (maybe you, reading this?) your choice of Bourbon County Coffee 2011, Bramble Rye, or 2x 2011 Bourbon County.

30. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Some cool mofos in here. Wish my "cellar" didn't suck ( in comparison )

31. Rempo

You're the man, David! I'll hook you up with some nice bottles next time I make it up to your store.

32. ReTag

ReTag Aficionado (185) Minnesota Apr 5, 2012

I didnt buy the Plum, but I have the Cherry and the regular BA, if that helps ease the pain.

33. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (455) New York Jan 30, 2011

I know it sucks man but in todays day and age you have to protect your stuff.
    In 2010 my beer never left my site.
    Too many dishonest people.
    My wife was my watchdog - no offence darlin'

34. Franch

Franch Advocate (565) New York Mar 22, 2011

this is why leaving my backpack outside of the brewpub scared the fuck out of me.

woodchopper likes this.
  35. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (335) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

this is the very reason its worth every penny of the $20 parking fee. I lost a snifter and a jacket throughout the day. but my beer was safe ;)

Shagtastic likes this.
  36. darienm

Michelle (who had these bottles taken from her) just wrote:

woodchopper, JohnB87, aasher and 3 others like this.
  37. TyPhD

TyPhD Zealot (85) Mar 19, 2012

Can donate a cherry, no plum though...

38. Sad thread, but happy to hear things are looking up. Very cool to see the community come together like this.

39. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

I'd pony up for a custom Einsturzende Neubauten throw pillow!

immobilisme likes this.
  40. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

The entire $20 also went to chairty. The BMW parking lot raised $5k.