1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Loving Duvel. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by shwurr, Jan 14, 2013.

1. LFDM and Duvel are NOT the same at all. I prefer Duvel anyhow. I actually stumbled across LFDM when searching for duvel and while i enjoyed it, wished it was Duvel.

2. Make the one time investment in a kegerator, and buy it by the keg. It'll hold up if you drink enough.

3. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Savant (350) Colorado Nov 29, 2006

If you like Duvel, (easy to like) I'd suggest trying some belgian blondes like leffe and affligem blonde (my favorite). They arent' quite as strong, but are pretty similar and are even easier to drink in quantity. You'll spend about 10 bucks for a sixer.

4. It's unlikely you're in the distro area (CT, maybe RI), but New England Brewing Co.'s 668 Neighbor of the Beast is a top-notch BSPA.

5. azorie

azorie Advocate (725) Florida Mar 18, 2006

Move to Belgium..;)

6. Douberd

Douberd Savant (320) Netherlands Jan 27, 2012

Since you are new to craft beer snobbery, I would say to start trying even more beers and who knows, maybe your Duvel killer would be more affordable.

7. avenuepub

avenuepub Savant (295) Louisiana Apr 23, 2009

Duvel isn't sold by the keg. The version they keg is a different beer. Not nearly as good. Goes by the name of Duvel Green or Duvel single.

8. The Bruery Mischief