1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

Lucky Lab Big Beer and Barleywine Festival

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Sarlacc83, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (630) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

Does anybody have any information about the tap lineup this year? It's getting pretty late in the game, and the only descriptions I've found were on the newschool blog. Which wasn't a complete list of the beers, but an overview of the highlights.

Or is it as I've feared where this festival is slowly dying off due to lack of interest and excellent tap lists?

2. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (465) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

Whoever added the event to the BA database listed a couple dozen things. No telling how accurate that is, or whether there's other things they plan on pouring that weren't added, but at least it's something.

edit: according to their facebook page, they estimate 15-20 more beers in addition to that list.

3. Yeah, I grabbed the lineup from their Facebook page and plugged it into the event post yesterday... But that is ALL of seen so far (though they promise more to come).

4. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (465) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

I actually talked to Ben over at the Lab a little bit ago to see if I could suss out any more info. Basically, the list you posted is the most current and complete list he has. He mentioned that they had a bunch of other things lined up, but that he didn't want to advertise anything until he actually had the kegs. I assume it's a case of wanting to "under promise and over deliver" rather than getting people's hopes up and then not having all the advertised offerings.

5. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (530) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Oh jeez, my liver is going to feel this one.

6. ramnuts

ramnuts Aficionado (245) Oregon Feb 16, 2009

7. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (630) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

8. Kelton

Kelton Aficionado (150) Oregon Sep 17, 2010

Hey Folks,

Agree that the Prelim list is sorta a let down, but I'll stop in Saturday regardless. Like Chris stated, there will likely some more interesting kegs that show up.