Madame Rose and Juliet?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by jzmaxson27, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jzmaxson27

jzmaxson27 Zealot (90) Illinois Oct 14, 2011

With the release of Lolita having come and gone, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the other two sisters?

2. foobula

foobula Savant (340) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

Juliet was bottled a few weeks ago, according to GI. They should announce when it ships on facebook and twitter. Also, I wouldn't consider Lolita gone quite yet. Whole Foods in the suburbs got theirs this week.

3. oreo

oreo Savant (260) Illinois Jul 29, 2010

Juliet is currently sitting in bottles waiting for it to be ready. No clue on madame rose. :)

4. As of yesterday, Archer Liquors still had a few bottles on the shelf, and perhaps more in back.

5. bradner

bradner Savant (395) Illinois Dec 26, 2007 Verified

Would that include the western burbs? I had not seen any at the Naperville Whole Foods yet. I know that you can still find it at some stores in the southwest burbs.

6. foobula

foobula Savant (340) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

I know for a fact that Northbrook and Sauganash (technically not a suburb though they're on the suburban delivery schedule) got it this week. Don't know about other WF but I suspect others got it this week too. Call and ask for the specialty department.

7. The Lolita at Naperville Whole Foods was all spoken for as of last Thursday.

8. makdeco

makdeco Savant (325) Illinois Jan 31, 2007

feel free to shoot me a message with any SW locations that may have it still., cheers!

9. Some stores are already starting to take names for Juliet. Naperville Whole Foods might get it this week sounds like.

10. bradner

Hope there is more Juliet to go around than there was Lolita. Although I was able to find a few bottles of Lolita, I had to go to several stores to do it.

11. stevefinny

stevefinny Savant (395) New Jersey Aug 28, 2009 Verified

Is Madame Rose being bottled this year?

12. It will be eventually, probably right after Juliet, which should be hitting the shelves soon!

13. stevefinny

stevefinny Savant (395) New Jersey Aug 28, 2009 Verified

Too many releases, not enough money!!!

14. I might of heard that some stores might be getting more of the Lolita, which I find rather surprising.

15. chronie

chronie Aficionado (180) Illinois Aug 1, 2011

The publicized whales go in my area within hours.

Lesser known, and lessor hyped beers like Lolita are sitting. At my local stores there are 5-10 just sitting.

16. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (725) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

I'm pretty sure that all this "hype" is just BCS run off ;). Wasnt overly impressed with the three sisters after a year of age, but never had fresh.

17. makdeco

I think the sisters will be easier to get than bcs for sure, Also lolita sat in bottles for afew months before it was released so I think we'll have time before Juliet gets released

18. Khazadum

Khazadum Savant (395) Illinois Apr 29, 2010

Correct. Last year the sisters had a diacetyl burst at bottling which really ruined them for the first three to six months of their life. Knowing this, laffler is monitoring until it happens and fades or if it doesn't occur for I think he mentioned three months post bottling he'll just release then. That is why Lolita had a November bottling date.

19. crossovert

crossovert Champion (810) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

don't worry there are people living in the chicago area that have enough to buy cases of all of these, and will go from store to store trying to snatch up every last bottle in your place.

20. I remember going to Lemon Tree in Downers Grove last February and seeing a floor display of all the the sisters in plain sight @ $15 each. I went back there about a month later and that same display was still there and a good number of bottles still remained.

21. Khazadum

Downers is not Chicago or even close to the demand level. Also, last year they said it wasn't going retail, so most people didn't hunt it and didn't know about lemon tree.

22. makdeco

correct the lemon tree was off the radar and one the last places to get them, and most Binny's didn't receive much at all... But don't discount the burbs anymore when it comes to stuff walking off the shelves fast. I have hard time witht he small shops way out in the SW burbs these days... Also in general some of the stout heads don't jump at the sours like they do the BCS variants.

23. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

Juliet should hit around March 5th, and expect this to suck: The plan is to keep it to one case per account all across the board.

24. Khazadum

Holy hell. Was the yield that much smaller than Lolita?

25. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

Dont know.

26. makdeco

wasn't Lolita one case per store?

IMO these lower bottle release amount should just be Chicago only.

27. bradner

I agree with this.

28. beesy

beesy Savant (380) Ohio Jul 21, 2010

I saw Lolita the other day sitting at Kroger in Columbus, OH ( your Jewel Osco). There were at least 5 or 6 bottles there with a price tag of $16.99 I believe.

29. Acknowledging that any effort or time spent seeking out specific bottles of beer is purely voluntary and that no brewery should feel obliged to help me (personally) get a specific beer, I'm also inclined to agree. It's not like we can even get many alternatives to the 3 Sisters, either (certainly nothing local, as far as I'm aware). I just don't see how it serves a particular market well to get a handful of cases that people are going to scramble like mad to seek out.

On the other hand, setting such tiny allotments artificially creates hype/buzz/brand awareness. I guess there's value in that, though, again, I don't see how the consumer necessarily benefits.

30. makdeco

I agree but GI isn't using that aspect to jack prices up either, some smaller store may be taking advantage of that to sell for more but in the end the prices of the GI releases have been acceptable IMO

31. Absolutely -- we could argue, in fact, that Goose's prices are too low. Pricing aside, however, when a store/bar gets one case of something, it's a retailer can say, "Hey guys -- we got this super-limited barrel-aged beer loaded with fruit all the way from exotic Chicago!! Better hurry before it's all gone!!" And that gets people hooked on Goose Island and so they ask for more -- and when Lolita is all gone, they can say, "But have you tried their Matilda? Or Sofie? That one is barrel-aged, too!"