1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Madame Rose

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by kodymupa, Aug 29, 2012.

1. kodymupa

kodymupa Aficionado (155) Illinois Dec 14, 2010

Any word on when GI Madame Rose is being released? Thought I saw a few weeks back it was being bottled.
  2. This is going to be one of *those* answers and I'll apologize in advance -- but I think the answer is, "When it's ready".

If I recall correctly, Juliet sat for 1-2 months after it was bottled and before it was released. I think they want to be certain nothing wonky goes on once the beer goes into the bottles. There are probably smarter answers than that, ones that involve science and acids and whatnot, but you get the idea.
    franklinn likes this.
  3. Vav

Vav Savant (475) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

It's bottled, but Goose is extremely picky about when their stuff goes to market. When they feel it's ready, it'll go out.
  4. ravot

ravot Savant (435) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

at the chance of sounding ignorant and selfish, i'm not. friend of a friend of a friend's 'source' etc got them in. From my gf who surprised me today. this should be hitting the stores this week. price was pricier at 23 bucks plus tax, i'd imagine the regular markets would be a few dollars cheaper. such as binny's.

[​IMG]
  5. At long last
    Skye1024 likes this.
  6. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (445) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

can't wait to get this one and have a three sisters tasting :)
    szmnnl99 likes this.
  7. ravot

this was easily my favorite of the sisters (scarlett is queen but not for sale).
    Blanco likes this.
  8. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Savant (450) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

Got one today with a 4 pack of BCS in Chicago.....it's out
    Nachos4two likes this.
  9. This is one of the GI beers I really look forward to.
  10. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (400) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

Wasn't it for sale at the brewpub a few weeks ago. Could of swore usage it in the cooler during belgian fest
  11. I would hope it's not any more than Juliet? So it would be around a $19 price tag at Binny's.

Note: I think I paid $15 for the 2010 a little over a year ago.
  12. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

word on street is Binny's in the burbs are starting to receive it today!!!
  13. CLCardinal84

CLCardinal84 Savant (295) Illinois Jan 29, 2012

Is this anywhere in the city yet? I'd love to grab a bottle or two today.
  14. Binny's on Grand. You have to call ahead and get put on the list for some reason. List is not full, they have the bottles in hand, you can still call and get placed on it, but not pick it up without being on the list.

Also, lots of BCBS just came in!
  15. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

Glen ellyn binnys just received a very limited amount one per person.
  16. ravot

thanks! way cheaper than what i paid :( a premium that may or may not be worth it to be the first person to have MR by only 8 hours before anyone else. bring it.
  17. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Hope to see some around Milwaukee sooner than later. Really got lucky with Lolita, randomly saw a lone bottle at Whole Foods and snagged it, but never once saw Juliet.
  18. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Thanks for the heads up, just got on the list!
  19. rudylaw

rudylaw Savant (340) Illinois Apr 29, 2007

I just called and was told there was no list, so did my friend, same answer. I was polite and funny so I know it wasn't me!
  20. mocktm

mocktm Savant (355) Virginia Jan 3, 2011

Just found a 2010 in the dusty sale shelf of my bottle shop for $10. Score!
    InVinoVeritas, Skye1024 and ravot like this.
  21. ravot

there wasn't a list either when i called. i stopped by the binny's on grand at about 515pm. On the floor was about 3.4 ~4 cases of BCBS (less full from the pic dontcounttoday posted).

madame at 16.99 is a great price. cheaper than juliet. i stopped by after work and picked up madame rose, i skipped on BCBS but i did snag a BCBS empty box for 'sentimental' reasons. Enjoy.
  22. Was able to score a madame at Binny's on grand.
  23. psykosis

psykosis Savant (320) Indiana May 21, 2009

If anyone in Grand Rapids sees this on the shelf somewhere, can you BM me? I'd like to get a bottle, and I know it won't show up in Traverse City. I have family in GR who could go grab it for me though.

:)
  24. It's also at capone's, but for $24 a bottle you are far better off going to Binny's on Grand.
  25. jeonseh

jeonseh Savant (485) Indiana Oct 14, 2007

I'd be shocked if we don't end up seeing a ton of this given 1) GI Clybourn still had 2010 almost 2 years later 2) the amount of Juliet and Lolita that was out. You can still find them
  26. mdomask

mdomask Savant (310) Illinois May 27, 2012

Passed on this last night at $22/bottle over at Noble Grape, especially with Binny's doing $17. It'll be around.
  27. rudylaw

rudylaw Savant (340) Illinois Apr 29, 2007

Picked one up at Grand this morning.
  28. allouez86

allouez86 Savant (340) Wisconsin Jan 24, 2009

Is this something that'll be seen anywhere outside of Chicago?
  29. ravot

good question.

if you've seen juliet and lolita, i'd imagine so. hopefully there is. it's the best of the bunch.
  30. tinypyramids

right on re: distribution, but my order goes juliet > madame > lolita. all good beers though.
    zchall23 and ravot like this.
  31. TotallyHosed

TotallyHosed Savant (340) Illinois Jun 20, 2009

Per Twitter, Binny's South Loop will have this tomorrow, 9/26
  32. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (595) Illinois Apr 15, 2011

I just picked up a bottle of Madame Rose at Binnys Grand. They have about a half case left.

And I agree with what jeonseh said:

To further prove his point, Binnys Grand has cases of Juliet on the floor along with the other standard bombers.
  33. tinypyramids

saw the same when i picked up my bottle this morning. $20 each though on the juliet - i heard something about wholesale on the 3 sisters going up but i can't remember where.
  34. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

Yeah, the archer liquors guy tweeted that wholesale went up something like $3 in between the Lolita and Juliet releases.
  35. xsists

xsists Aficionado (200) Wisconsin Dec 31, 2007

Anyone know if this is going to make it up to WI?
  36. Mscarpen

Mscarpen Savant (335) Tennessee Apr 2, 2011

got a bottle yesterday at Timers in Racine.
  37. stayclean

Hopefully it makes it's way to Milwaukee.
  38. TyPhD

TyPhD Zealot (85) Mar 19, 2012

Just snagged some at discount.
    stayclean likes this.
  39. stayclean

Damnit! Went there on Tuesday with a friend and was half-hoping for BCBS or Madam Rose being there. Ah well, hopefully it makes its way to the East Side/Downtown area... I wish my friends here told me that having a vehicle is almost required to go anywhere BEFORE I moved here, ha.
  40. TyPhD

TyPhD Zealot (85) Mar 19, 2012

If you cant snag a bottle over the next week or so, shoot me a bm
    stayclean likes this.