Maine 10/24 Beer Clustah

Discussion in 'New England' started by klalemand, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyIronLung

MyIronLung Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2011 Massachusetts

Novare Res had dinner on draft before..

blisscent and Jbrews like this.
  2. Reds76

Reds76 Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2014 Maine

Just at Bissell Saturday and they are doing 3-4 four packs this time instead of the case limit like last year.

Bjorn2bWild likes this.
  3. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Savant (1,157) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

Allagash cancelled the costume party, but Ghoulship release still on 4-6pm. Heard not enough ticket sales....hmmm, I wonder why? :wink:

4. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

I asked them what the $30ticket price offered besides walking through the doors and I got a nice response back that essentially said nothing for the $ but you should go. Figured this would be a bust.

#44 Jbrews, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  5. Janeinma

Janeinma Initiate (0) May 24, 2009 Massachusetts

it seemed to me from the description the party offered ghoulschip and haunted house pours as much as you wanted but it doesnt really matter now. I only wish they would push the release back to 9 am like a sensible normal release. It would let their staff away earlier.

6. sevenzig

sevenzig Devotee (303) Mar 29, 2015 Minnesota

Last Dinner release went really smooth, actually. Arrived at 3, and tickets were distributed around 6. I was #92 in line. Doors opened a little before 7 am and they had multiple checkout lines. I think two were dedicated to Dinner purchases only while the others were for people wanting to mill around the shop and buy individual bottles. I was out the door any on my way home by 7:50.

Gsulliv2 likes this.
  7. dwmetsfan13

dwmetsfan13 Zealot (730) Jul 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Not trying to knock you specifically, but it's a sad comment on the state of craft beer that waiting on line for 5 hours in the middle of the night is considered really smooth.

8. blisscent

blisscent Savant (1,066) Aug 16, 2015 Rhode Island

That and needing 8 to 9 hours of driving.

9. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Pundit (952) Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

And "only" 92nd in line with the 3 AM arrival!

Mikeypnh likes this.
  10. Jbrews

Pooh-Bah Society

An outsider would surely call this alcoholism or at the very least a problem. Arriving at 2AM or in the middle of the night(imagine person #1) to get hoards of beer is just not normal. By any means, or healthy for that matter. Again this is more a generalization than knock to anyone. I've stood in my lines.

It's the same thing as people who wait at the liquor store in the morning before they open to get in. Those people get mean mugged and judged.

11. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Zealot (626) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Rather regularly I wonder if my love of craft beer has moved into problem or obsession territory and the thought of getting in line at 2 a.m. has never crossed my mind. The 2 hour wait at Tree House has almost gotten me divorced (not really, but Mrs. Quint was not pleased at all).

12. Jbrews

Pooh-Bah Society

Tell her it's either waiting in lines showing off scars and being smelly or sliding into giant Great White mouths off the back of a boat. Her choice...

siege06nd and Capt_Quint like this.
  13. Seacoastbrewer

Seacoastbrewer Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 New Hampshire

Two hours is plenty of time to tell the story of the USS Indianapolis! Pretty relevant concerning the Indianapolis Colts sinking as well.

ElGallo, Jaycase, Bierman9 and 3 others like this.
  14. Jbrews

Pooh-Bah Society

Well'r played

Capt_Quint likes this.
  15. sevenzig

sevenzig Devotee (303) Mar 29, 2015 Minnesota

To each their own. I heard that people were showing up at 2 pm after the line had cleared and there were still cases of Dinner available for purchase (probably cause they botched the previous release). I had a good time drinking and hanging out with the rest of the people in line. Except for that one guy who kept yelling to everyone in earshot about his trade rep here and how he was gonna trade most of his Dinner away. That guy was a douche. YMMV.

Bjorn2bWild likes this.
  16. WarbyJones

WarbyJones Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2014 New Hampshire

I really wish we could quantify this, based on my experiences in the line I imagine the majority of people there are fetching trade bait.

17. SimonBur

SimonBur Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2015 Massachusetts

Think it will be possible to get through the Dinner line and be in line for swish by ~10-10:30? Also had the thought to get swish then Dinner since supply lasted all day Saturday for last release. Although... there was not an obnoxious amount of beer activity going on for last Dinner release.

18. WarbyJones

Should be. I did this back when the releases only had 1 cash register. Arrived at MBC at 5:30, out at 10:30. At Bissell by 10:45.

19. NYR-Zuuuuc

NYR-Zuuuuc Maven (1,307) Jan 1, 2013 Connecticut

I am going with a different plan, heading up Thursday and staying the weekend, catch a hike or two. Plan to grab Epiphany and Substance Thursday. Hit Novare and Thirtsy pig on Friday. Likely give the swish line a look on Saturday but not going to wait in a LONG line if that's the case. Head up to MBC Saturday at some point and try to catch Dinner on tap in the Tasting room? ( I heard that might be possible?) Then Allagash. Should be fun, see you guys there, be safe.

20. WarbyJones

If you take advantage of the cash only line, you will breeze right through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.