1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Maine Beer Co. coming to CT

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by CTBeerPope, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Member

That's right! January they should be available here in the state of CT! Super pumped about this! Their bottles are a little pricey but it will be a good addition nonetheless! Cheers!
    seplo and bootdown21 like this.
  2. bootdown21

bootdown21 Member

Mmm... Zoe... :)
  3. smutty33

smutty33 Member

Nice!

Lunch has eluded me so far,want to try King Titus.

Bring on the MO,Zoe,Peeper,and the new D.I.P.A.!

Cheers All......
    ILOVESTOUTS and seplo like this.
  4. sandman3479

sandman3479 Member

Solid beers. Glad to have them, but I just hope they don't sit around like a lot of the additions this year (ie Sculpin). Many of them sit on the shelves in NY just over the border...
  5. jmarce

jmarce Member

Awesome news, another nice addition to CT's beer selection. It's nice to find myself not having to hop the border to NY as frequently.

I do fear, like sandman, that they might end up sitting on shelves around here for a while due to the price point but at least they clearly date their bottles.
    sandman3479 likes this.
  6. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Member

Fresh Lunch, Zoe and Mo are top notch. Also like their other beers a great deal.
  7. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Member

Agreed ... Sculpin sadly is almost impossible to find anything other than old and dated. Maine has a bit more of a buzz to it these days so hopefully it moves more quickly. It's price point is going to be a detriment to that though.
  8. sandman3479

sandman3479 Member

I dunno, there was A LOT of buzz around Sculpin when it arrived...
    codasnap52 likes this.
  9. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Member

Agreed, but I think Maine has more because it's from Maine. I live right on the border of NY so I have had both before they enter our market, but my impression is that Maine has more buzz if only because it would get talked about more often in this NE forum.
  10. woosterbill

woosterbill Member

Great news! I hope we get a decent amount of draught, though, as I can't see myself buying their overpriced bottles with any regularity.

Zoe at Prime 16 for happy hour, though, sounds heavenly.
  11. seplo

seplo Member

The beer Gods are really smiling down on CT recently, i love it:D
    DogfishTail and smutty33 like this.
  12. Patrick

Patrick Member

Not sure about the happy hour math but I've paid $9 for 12oz. of Peeper. Hope its cheaper down there.
  13. woosterbill

woosterbill Member

Well, the happy hour at Prime 16 is half off all drafts, so $4.50 sounds pretty fair. It's troubling, though, to hear that MBC apparently overcharges for their kegs as badly as they do for their bottles. If people are paying it, though...
  14. brownswisscow

brownswisscow Member

this is probably cause it is no longer moving in other states ;)
  15. BeerBum

BeerBum Member

16. WeymouthMike

WeymouthMike Member

This, plus unless there is an increase in Lunch brewed dont't count on seeing any. Except of course on the initial delivery to wet your palates and leave you high and dry in the future.
  17. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Member

Nice - maybe CT can clear the way-overpriced MBC bottles that are languishing on MA shelves.
  18. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Member

A
    And I did my best to finish off as much as possible when it was fresh... Love that beer
    smutty33 likes this.
  19. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Member

Yeah, I like Zoe and a few other Maine beers, but they are way over priced in MA... Can't wait to see the CT 'taxed' price here.
  20. dortenzio1991

dortenzio1991 Member

Anyone know who the distro will be? (Fingers crossed its not Dichello)
  21. rowingbrewer

rowingbrewer Member

I'm happy for anyone who is looking to try these beers without having to either trade or drive to ma. but i think certain segments of craft need to change. either price bombers and 500ml bottles accordingly or switch to six packs.
    MBC is a brewery i will not buy for myself because it is more expensive for me to buy off the shelf of a store than it is for me to get a similar beer on tap at a bar. I saw sculpin mentioned above so i will use these 2 as examples. if you pay the same price per ounce for these beers and they were sold in 6 packs sculpin at 12 a bomber would be over 39 a six pack and lunch at 8 would be 34 a six pack. if you are paying 10 and 7 as i am assuming you could find them at a few shops it would be 30 for lunch and 33 for sculpin. this is outrageous, these beers are not aged, they don't wast space and time sitting on them to be ready to bottle and ship, and they are not imports. I refuse to pay 3x the going rate.
    woosterbill likes this.
  22. smutty33

smutty33 Member

I'm assuming CBG? (Craft Beer Guild)

Cheers
  23. PicoPapa

PicoPapa Member

First news of them brewing a Double IPA and now they are coming to CT? Lots of good news coming out of Maine Beer Co lately.
  24. xanok

xanok Member

Besides Zoe, I've been.....less than blown away by their beers, especially since per ounce, they are on the pricey side. To me, Lunch is an average IPA.
  25. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Member

Ah I forgot to mention, cbg is bringing in Breckenridge and Erie as well. They are already on cbg's order forms awaiting final approval. Don't you all start freaking out and getting cray cray on me now. Ha.
  26. sandman3479

sandman3479 Member

I also live on the border of NY, about 1/4 of a mile into CT, and atleast by me, Sculpin had A LOT of buzz. I can see your point though.
  27. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Member

Good call Dino! I see a bunch of the founders, sixpoint etc sitting the CT market gets flooded at once with all these great breweries. NOT COMPLAINING AT ALL. Just hope it does not discourage further distro OR encourage some to pull out. I will bw buying peeper andlunch religiously.
    sandman3479 likes this.