1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Making a trip to VT this weekend, looking for advice!

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by MasterCraft, Jan 3, 2013.

1. So I'm headed up to Waterbury for the weekend on friday, and my tentative plans is as follows:

Friday night: eat some good pub food/drink in Waterbury

Saturday morning/afternoon: head out to HF, stock up, turn around to Waterbury

Saturday afternoon/night: eat/drink in Waterbury (hopefully dinner at Hen of the Woods)

Sunday morning: hit the cannery and stock up on Heady, head back home

To locals and people who have made the trip before, are there any flaws in that plan? Anything I should make a point to add (beer related or otherwise)? Also what's the best place to find Lawson's? Should I just call up the Warren Store early saturday? Thanks in advance!

2. brikelly

brikelly Savant (405) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

You likely won't get any Heady at the cannery on a Sunday :( They can on Mondays and Thursdays and sell out usually by the following day. Head straight to the cannery when you get there on Friday before 7pm.

jglowe77 likes this.
  3. cfrances33

cfrances33 Champion (750) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

If you're staying in Waterbury, Blackback has had a healthy amount of Lawson's on recently, and Prohibition Pig had Fayston's Stout listed on their most updated taplist.

I'll be going up this weekend as well, I'll see you there!

4. What!? I thought they canned on Sundays :(...HT sure seems harder to get than it was just a year ago when I lived in VT.

Thanks for the advice, though! I'll try to get out of work early enough to be there by 7

5. Cheers!

6. You better have reservations if you think your going to eat at Hen of the Wood on a weekend.

7. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

this

8. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Savant (315) Vermont Sep 25, 2010

If you want Lawson's go to the warren store On Friday, it usually sells out by sat.

9. celfan

celfan Savant (465) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

It's gonna be Paradise Ale this week.

10. celfan

celfan Savant (465) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

I think that was just for the Holiday season. It's usually Mon and Thurs.

understatement to say the least

11. Is it a busy weekend? I've made last minute weekend reservations at Hen of the Woods before (including UVM graduation weekend) and never had a problem, though I may have just been unknowingly lucky in the past.

12. My blind luck continues! Reservation confirmed for Sat., thanks anyway to the kind locals for your concern...

franklinn likes this.