1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Man with a sweet tooth needs sweet beers.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Crosis, Apr 1, 2013.

1. tbryan5

tbryan5 Member

2. SirBottlecap

SirBottlecap Member

Young's Double Chocolate Stout...also great for milkshakes! Does anyone know if Dixie still makes White Chocolate Moose? This doesn't go well with dessert...it IS dessert!
  3. daysinthewake

daysinthewake Member

I was aiming for not bitter, which was the point of him not liking those beers.
  4. gatornation

gatornation Member

5. Reneejane

Reneejane Member

Mackesin xxx is a pretty safe way to wade into stouts, and can easily be found. Dragon milk is another good one. But if you're leery of stouts, try magic hat, i think it's number five.
  6. Reneejane

Reneejane Member

Sorry, number nine. But try Fuller's esb. That tastes like toffee
  7. JackofBlades

JackofBlades Member

A lot of stouts can be sweet i.e. LH Milk Stout or Young's Double Chocolate Stout. You could also try some Belgian style beers. New Belgium's Trippel is a very good and easy beer to drink although it's not exactly sweet. Kolsch beers are probably going to appeal to you as well.
  8. adkieffer

adkieffer Member

+1 Dark Lord...that shit is very sweet
  9. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Member

Trade for New Glarus Serendipity or Raspberry Tart. It doesn't get much sweeter than those two.
    cnbrown313 likes this.
  10. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Member

Reposting Faro, because it was the most sickly-sweet "beer" I've ever had. The Lindeman's version, that is. In fairness, I have not had much in the way of faro beers, so it may be a little unfair for me to use 'beer' in quotes.

Seriously, if you are looking for almost soda levels of sweet (for a beer), this is the one you want: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/187/7712
  11. fastenoughforphish

fastenoughforphish Member

Wow lots of beers getting thrown at you, some that would probably be hard to find or not available to you. Thank being said you have some options. A lot of these have been mention but hopefully some consolidation will help.

Hefeweizen: Weihenstephaner. It is a classic Hefeweizen, banana and clove flavors, almost not bitterness. Super tasty and a classic German beer. There are others that have been mention and this style will provide these same flavors of banana and clove no matter what Hefeweizen you get.

Fruit Lambic (essentially a fruit beer): Lindemans Framboise: It tastes like raspberries, it is very sweet, it is easily available, it is low alcohol. As long as you like fruit, this will be a winner for you I think.

Milk Stout: Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout: It tastes like chocolate milk. Enough said! You'll like it.

Left Hand Milk Stout. It is incredible sweet, dark, chocolately. A bit bigger than the above beer but super super tasty.

Try any of those beers and I believe you will like em! Don't jump right in with barleywines and huge stouts, they are about ten millions times more intense that what you appear to be drinking now, even if they aren't bitter.Also, I would suggest that you keep trying some of those beers like Blue Moon because pallets change and you might get use to the bitterness or whatever you don't like. The more your drink the more you will learn to appreciate.
  12. breakingbland

breakingbland Member

13. Giantspace

Giantspace Member

Anchor bock

Many others already mentioned

Enjoy
  14. mintjellie

mintjellie Member

How sweet are the widely available ciders in the US? Most of the widely distributed ones here in Canada are highly-attenuated and very dry. That goes for craft, domestics, and imports.
  15. sajaffe1

sajaffe1 Member

Buffalo Sweat Stout or Buffalo Sweat with vanilla beans from Tallgrass Brewing Company
  16. mintjellie

mintjellie Member

Fruit-flavoured sweetened lambics like Lindemans, Mort Subite, and Belle-Vue.

Fruit-flavoured sweetened witbier like Floris and Fruli would probably suit your palate as well.

English-style barleywines are pretty sweet. Scotch ales can be quite sweet. Also sweet stouts like St. Peters Cream Stout, Royal Extra, or Dragon Stout.
  17. Doppelbockulus

Doppelbockulus Member

If your tastebuds are like mine, and it sounds like they are, then you will not necessarily detect sweetness in some of the milk/sweet stouts, quads and other beers listed here. They will probably still be enjoyable, but not necessarily sweet. Here's a good example, I enjoy Creme Brulee stout but get little sweetness out of it.

Samichlaus, anything Lindeman's, Kasteel Donker, and old English style barley wines are definate wins. And my top vote for a sweet tooth beer is anything from Chapeau (de troch), they add sugar to their beers and it blends nicely into a sweet, mildly tart, beverage. I've had their Winter Gueuze, Banana Lambic, Faro, and Fraises Lambic, and thought they were great and definitely sweet. They have average scores on BA, but that is due to the fact that many of the members here aren't fans of sugary sweet beer. I personally keep a stock of their stuff in my cellar. I hope you can find some Chapeau in your area, they are imported from Belgium.
    alysmith4 likes this.
  18. TheFightingMongooses

TheFightingMongooses Member

19. zamboni1

zamboni1 Member

Young's Double Chocolate Stout (in the 4-pack nitro cans) is pretty widely available and is pretty sweet-flavored.
  20. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Member

Jewbelation Sweet 16 comes to mind if it is still on shelves near you.
    imbrue001 likes this.
  21. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Member

Anheiser Busch Wild Blue...And don't blame me for the visit to the dentist.
  22. djsmith1174

djsmith1174 Member

Most dopplebocks are on the malty side and tend to have a bit of sweetness. Damn enjoyable style too.
  23. beachfirebrews

beachfirebrews Member

not that it is really sweet, but Breckenridge Vanilla Porter might be available to you and its not extremely bitter. it helped get my fiance into craft beers.
  24. Bobheed

Bobheed Member

Double DBA, Parabola, Marshall Zhukov, and Rogue Double Chocolate Stout all come to mind for me, and of course those crazy sweet Southern Tier beers that everybody has already mentioned
  25. fujindemon74

fujindemon74 Member

Hoppin' Frog BA Naked Evil
    CCB Warmer Winter Winter Warmer
    Avery Rumpkin
  26. Danny1217

Danny1217 Member

Cuvee Van De Keizer Blauw

Stuff is like syrup, in a good way.
    cnbrown313 likes this.
  27. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Member

for a guy who is coming in off blue moon and shock top I am not going to reccomend anything too crazy for you.
    Left hand milk stout. It tastes like chocolate milk... for alcoholics. ;)
    Dry dock apricot blonde, tastes like an apricot pastry.
    Dry dock vanilla porter, tastes like, well, vanilla.
    All three are very approachable to the uninitiated, unlike most of what has been reccomended to you.
  28. DaveAnderson

DaveAnderson Member

29. mondegreen

mondegreen Member

Given the OP's reference to Blue Moon and Shock Top, I'm going to go with something a little more mainstream and attainable...

Give New Belgium's Fat Tire a try. It's widely a available in six packs and very approachable. If that suits your tastes, branch out to some classic Dubbles like Westmalle. From there, you might want to take a shot at some good Quads like Bernardus 12 or Rochfort 10.
    BarryMFBurton likes this.
  30. searsclone

searsclone Member

Try San Tan Mr. Pineapple, or Hefeweizen, or Sexpanther. Or, Four Peaks KiltLifter. Or, Grand Canyon Sunset Amber. Local beers that are readily available
    alucard6679 likes this.
  31. mintjellie

mintjellie Member

Belgian Dark Strong Ales as well. Abbaye des Rocs Grand Cru, Gouden Carolus Classic, Nostradamus, Gulden Draak, and Unibroue Grande Reserve 17 are all at least moderately sweet with some nice fruity flavours.
  32. YieldToNothing

YieldToNothing Member

he'brew pomegranate
    he'brew funky jewbellation
    sam adams merry mischief
  33. Jake1605

Jake1605 Member

It may be too bitter for him though. Southern Tier Choklat may be right up his alley. Like a Nestlé chocolate bar melted in your glass.
  34. devlishdamsel

devlishdamsel Member

Cuvee Brut.. seriously. Its sweet but its not a syrup fest. Not bitter whatsoever.
  35. devlishdamsel

devlishdamsel Member

I have yet to ever run across that. It looks delish! ISO!!!
  36. Crosis

Crosis Member

To everyone who has posted on here you all are heroes and heroines of the highest echelons. Thank you very much I will delve into these possibilities as soon as possible. Albeit Southern Tier sounds amazing I wish there was a place here I could get it. Anyone know if there is anyplace online that alcohol like Southern Tier can be purchased and shipped legally?
  37. Crosis

Crosis Member

Because a lot of these beers aren't regional but if there is some magical website I can order them from I would be in heaven. It seems Arizona consists mainly of Corona, Budweiser, and Coors...
  38. Crosis

Crosis Member

To be honest, I'm looking for something sweet like a soda without the bitter taste most beers I've had have. I grew up with an insatiable sweet tooth, but I want a beer that I can drink a good few of and not get overwhelmed with sweetness.
  39. Dennoman

Dennoman Member

I'd say The Bruery White Chocolate is perfect for you. Every sip is like biting into a white chocolate egg. Funny that I loved it really, as I don't even really like white chocolate all that much.
    Gosox8787 and cavedave like this.
  40. slangtruth

slangtruth Member