1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Manito or Pints, Spokane

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Sixam2, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Sixam2

Sixam2 Aficionado (110) Washington Feb 19, 2013

I have one night in Spokane this upcoming week ?
    Do I sample beers at Manito Tap House, or Pints Ale House ?
    Lover of IPA's...
  2. Both are amazing. If your looking for good food as well Manito is the better bet, but Pints definitely has a great selection and a lot of reall good IPA's. Pints IMO has the cleanest taps in town.
    checktherhyme likes this.
  3. Sixam2

Thank you.. Manito Tap house it is.. Dinner mtg..
    Next week, I'll slip into Pints
  4. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

Manito Tap House usually has a wait during dinner time so plan accordingly. Not sure if they take reservations. I like both places for different reasons. Manito has a huge tap list and great food but it's almost always crowded and loud as hell. Pint's is a lot more chill and the owners are very passionate about beer.
    whiskey likes this.
  5. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Went to Manito yesterday while visiting from Seattle...really great spot and I highly recommend it.
  6. whiskey

whiskey Savant (330) California Feb 25, 2012

Owners of Pints are way cool. Definitely a good chance of ending up BS'ng with another patron about beer. Pints doesn't have near as many taps, but I can find as many or more beers that I like there at any given time, as I can at Manito...very laid back too. It's my go-to spot.
    leedorham likes this.
  7. Sixam2

I'm more of a 'Pints' person, but have a dinner mtg so will go to Manito then slip out late and head to Pints for a quick one or 5... or so... thanks... if you are in there on Wednesday night i'll buy...
  8. whiskey

BA Pints meetup Wednesday!!!!!!! Hehe, just kidding.
  9. Sixam2

damnit... things change rapidly... my customer wants to go to Northern Lights Brewery... please tell me its a good place to drink beers...
  10. whiskey

They have some decent brews. They make a DIPA and an Imp. stout but I'm not sure they always have it on tap.
    They're called No-Li now though. Meh, I have kind of a skewed opinion of them though.
  11. leedorham

Not sure if they have Solar Winds on tap yet, but that is their spring beer which is usually hopped to the tits. They also have a new Imperial Stout called Wrecking Ball which is probably their best beer now imho. Their winter warmer is tasty too if that's still on tap.

Also, you'll be right next to Dry Fly if you're of the distilled beverage drinking disposition.
  12. whiskey

I hear Solar Winds is great. I'd make a trip for that.
  13. Sixam2

I love a good hopped out beer... I haven't had Solar Winds, but will report back tomorrow night... lol
  14. Solar winds is my favorite beer they make. Great Amarillo hop flavor.
  15. leedorham