1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

March Madness Survivor BIF – Sign Up

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by brees6221, Feb 26, 2013.

1. johnyb

johnyb Advocate (575) Florida Aug 11, 2012

Sunday March 17th, St Patricks Day... 6:00 Eastern Time, right after the Illini win the Big Ten Championship game on CBS.

2. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Savant (330) Minnesota Dec 28, 2008

3. Penguin3200

[​IMG] 'nuff said

4. johnyb

Be careful what you wish for. If they end up being your draw for this thing, I predict some more Penguin droppings on somebody else's porch again.....................Go Illini !!!!!!!!!

5. richkrull

richkrull Savant (490) Wisconsin Dec 4, 2010

Not a great time for me to be talking shit after that game last night, but Illinois and Minnesota both suck - the basketball teams, the schools, the entire states!

6. johnyb

Question: What does the Wisconsin graduate say to the Illinois graduate on Monday morning ?

Answer: How was your weekend boss ????

7. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82 Savant (430) Pennsylvania Aug 28, 2012

Damn it! I just saw this thread. If someone drops out, I'd love to participate!

8. Not trying to take over the BIF. Please do not hit me with the "you want to do it your way, then make up your own BIF" stick. Just that I only come up with good ideas every now and then, so when I do, I have to promote them.

9. Savearth

Savearth Savant (315) Michigan Mar 5, 2012

Sorry, but I didn't read through the entire 4 pages of this thread. Is there a waitlist? If so, I'd like to get on it. Thanks.

10. johnyb

Joe is a great guy and trader, would make a great addition to this BIF if room opens up.

11. Most of you probably don't believe I can be anything but sarcastic, but I seriously appreciate all of the feedback and ideas that have been offered. That being said, this is my first time doing the March Madness Survivor BIF and I think I'm going to stick with the format I started with. I'd love to get a ton of feedback after a champion is crowned and based on that we might tweak it next year, or if you want to do it your own way, then make up your own BIF!!! :D

(sorry, I can only be serious for so long)

12. And for those asking about a waitlist - If anyone decides to drop out (no one has yet), they must do so before Sunday March 17th, 12:00 noon Eastern Time. After that time, the list is locked and you're committed to sending a box if you don't make the Sweet 16. The waitlist based on responses in this thread:

1. sjs0187
    2. Tedwarhc
    3. heatwaves (please confirm)

4. ThirstyHerf
    5. nasty31
    6. jbdpsu82
    7. Savearth

13. By the way, how do you get a Michigan graduate off your porch?

Pay him for the pizza.

[​IMG]

14. Penguin3200

Nice "buckeyes!"

I was going to say call an Illinois grad and give the Michigan grad fare for the meter...

15. Penguin3200

She really is a "natural" O

16. [​IMG]

17. blkcld

blkcld Aficionado (245) New Jersey May 19, 2010

Would love to join in on this. Fairly new to BA, but have traded with a few people here since became active a month or two ago, and have an extensive cellar so no worries on that end.

Thanks for putting this together, and look forward to participating if there is still room avail.

18. This one filled up almost two weeks ago.

19. Sorry - that sounded mean. I believe there is at least one other MM BIF still open today.

20. Guilty conscience for 5 hours?! :)

21. blkcld

blkcld Aficionado (245) New Jersey May 19, 2010

Hahahaha! no worries, i didn't read throgh all the pages since so many. My fault. No offense taken obviously and didn't come off as mean at all.

22. heatwaves

heatwaves Savant (335) California Oct 17, 2009

Yes, please count me in if three people drop out. I'd love to participate.

23. heatwaves

Since people who won't participate might not let you know, it there another parameter that could lead to me taking their spot? Like if they haven't visited the site in over a week?

24. I won't be dropping people based on site usage. If I'm feeling extra nice I might send out a mass reminder in the next few days but regardless, the participant list is locked down on Sunday March 17th, at 12:00 noon Eastern Time. Any non-winners who fail to ship to their target will be added to the bad trader list.

Trash talk and side bets LIF's ;) are encouraged to make this even more fun.

25. Think there'd be enough interest to do a 2nd version of this? I'm new to the community so wouldn't want to step up and facilitate... but it seems like a good idea/lot of fun and also seems to be a lot of interest, perhaps beyond the first 64 people. Anyone considering starting up another one?

26. 7 people on the wait list plus you right now. I think you could easily recruit 8 more for a total of 16, get 4 teams per person and payout starts at final four. 12 people ship: 1 box to final 4 teams, 2 more boxes to championship game teams and 4 more to champion? You may even be able to get 32 people (if super bowl squares is any indication, these guys love double-dipping) the next 4 days, but definitely 16. Good luck!

27. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

Sunday can't get here soon enough.

[​IMG]

28. johnyb

Here Here!!!!! And I love the St. Patrick's day touch on your icon!

29. funhog

funhog Savant (450) Illinois Mar 8, 2011

We made it! It's Sunday and I'm safe at home....drinking beer. FFF Toxic Revolution.......smooth and hoppy!

30. Annarborjoe withdrew and sjs0187 took his place. My plan is to shoot the video tonight after putting the kids to bed. I'll do my best to upload it tonight.

31. heatwaves

If anyone else wants to withdraw, please let brees6221 know asap. I'm number #2 on the waitlist, so I'm hoping to squeeze in here. ... and then to not get stuck with a terrible seeded team.

32. Put those selfish kids to bed already! Don't they know you have 63 other people relying on you as well? ;-)

33. Can't blame this one on the kids. I fell asleep in my recliner with my laptop on my lap, it's been a long weekend.
    I guess I know what I'm doing today.

34. Yoga?

35. That's a given. I was talking about what I'll be doing after yoga, duh.

36. Gross man no one wants to hear about that.

37. Just to be clear, your kids aren't really selfish. I'm sure they are wonderful children. Please don't stick me with Albany.

38. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

The anticipation is killing me

39. Ok, this should be everything. The list of participants was put in alphabetical order and teams were drawn from a bowl and assigned in that order. Forever the optimist, I was ok with getting Valparaiso in hopes of at least getting to the Sweet 16 and winning one box. And then I saw they play Michigan State in the first round...oh boy. I'll just pack up my box and root for my Buckeyes. Anyway, the most important thing is the link to the printable bracket:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B263nwmRcyuIU3NHV0NJdXpfMzA/edit?usp=sharing

Everything else is documentation of the drawing. The video won't win an Oscar, even in the documentary category, but it served its purpose. Good luck everyone!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If there are any questions please let me know.

40. hannydawg

hannydawg Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 4, 2010

15 seed, I'll pack my box up now.