Mark those calendars...sorta. Citra is coming!

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Vanlingleipa, Jan 5, 2013.

1. JGates

JGates Zealot (90) California May 18, 2011

Its 820 am and maybeee 50 people here. At most.

dcgunman likes this.
  2. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Draft only no growlers = no bottles

3. Eric came through the line passing out tickets...walked back into the brewery with unissued tickets. Drastic difference from the past two days.

dcgunman likes this.
  4. Sisky

Sisky Savant (275) California Dec 16, 2012

Wow, I should have made the drive from Ventura! Oh well, have to drown my sorrows with sucks. And yes, I know they don't quite compare.

5. Ha! Wow. guess locals need not worry after all.

6. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Savant (295) California Jul 12, 2012

damn.. sounds like i'm glad i didn't make the treck with the family this year. in the winter of 2011 i didn't get to the line until 9:30 and was 10th... as best as i can remember

7. I went to the release on Friday and was lucky enough to make the cut for my 6 bottles. Got there a little after 8am. Unfortunately there were a ton of people that didn't make the cut. As someone that runs retail events for a living, I think KRBC was just overwhelmed with the turnout on Friday. Heard numerous times that it was the most that anyone had ever seen for a Citra release.

This was my first time going so I don't have anything to compare it to. Just feel that KRBC learned quick and changed things up...which is good! Sometimes it takes a screw up to learn and then things change drastically. I'm guessing things will be a little different in the future.

All in all a good time and everyone at the brewery was exceptionally nice and friendly. Good people and good times!

dcgunman likes this.
  8. Went during the Super Bowl, and it was perfect. Walked in and got two seats at the bar. There were maybe twenty people in there. Had about 5 citras that I remember, and a class V nitro. Things went blurry after that. Went back the next morning and had a couple more. Was told they had about a barrel left as of monday morning. Probably won't last through the weekend I'm guessing. Thanks to Kyle and Eric for the hospitality.

Next release, skip the bottles :) and do draft only.

9. Well, it seems like Sunday for bottles was also ideal as they walked in with unused tickets.

rule of thumb, go during a big event people aren't willing to drive out of L.A. for.