1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

McAuslan Brewing...highly underrated!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by wesbray, Jan 27, 2013.

1. No-one seems to have head heard of this great brewery. I bought a mix pack with their Oatmeal Stout, Pale Ale and Apricot Wheat and they were all fantastic. I've also had their RIS in the past which was also delicious. Have many here tried them?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/194

2. I've had the oatmeal stout. Don't get me wrong, it was decent, but there are no less than 22 other stouts I'd prefer for the same price.

3. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

And I'll say I thought the Oatmeal Stout was exceptional. From my 2008 drinking experience.

4. I love their oatmeal stout for a straight-forward, classic take on the style.

I've had the pale ale twice, and I've never experienced such a difference between two different times of consuming a beer. The first time was awesome - I thought it was easily one of the best pale ales I had ever tasted. Then I had it again a year later and it didn't taste good at all. So I have no idea what I think of it anymore.

Haven't got around to trying the apricot wheat yet.

5. I agree, they have some very good beers, and not overpriced, especially if your in Canada.