1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Melbourne/Palm Bay/Viera, FL area with White Oak Jai-alai or Humidor IPA?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by kenm2118, Apr 5, 2012.

1. kenm2118

kenm2118 Member

I'm looking for White Oak Jai-alai or Humidor IPA. I have already been to Florida Wine & Spirits. Found regular Jai-alai and an open spot where Humidor IPA had been. Any other places with good beer for sale would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. daedalusfinch

daedalusfinch Member

The most recent batch of White Oak Jai Alai was only distributed in the Tampa area, if I recall correctly, so make sure to check the label of any you find, as it will probably be old stuff. I believe it's been a little while since there's been a batch done for the non-Tampa market. The same goes for Cubano Espresso -- and that one, while one of my favorite coffee beers ever, loses its coffee flavor in a hurry (four to five months or so).

Good luck to you, sir.
  3. MikeMoriendi

MikeMoriendi Member

The last batch of White Oak to make it down in South Florida was probably around October/November 2011, I'd assume the same for the other distribution channels. So if it's still on shelves it is really old. I believe Humidor may have been released a bit more recently into distribution.
  4. daedalusfinch

daedalusfinch Member

There was a batch of Humidor that made it up to North Florida about a month ago, I believe, so you're much more likely to find that fresh. Also, Humidor ages pretty well (in my opinion); it's such a balanced beer that it doesn't suffer from hop-fade too much.
  5. blamethemovies

blamethemovies Member

Humidor was also in Orlando this week. Total Wine and Spirits on East Colonial Drive had a batch of bottles as of this weekend.
  6. ricksrealm

ricksrealm Member

Total Wine in Stuart had Humidor as of yesterday. Havent seen White Oak since last fall.
  7. kenm2118

kenm2118 Member

Thank you for the suggestions on beer stores. I was able to find Humidor IPA down in Ft Pierce at Roy's. They also had quite a bit of other CC beers-Criterium, Jai-Alai, Winter Warmer, Big Sound, all three Dos Costas, Maduro, Tocobaga, and the Roosevelt barleywine colab w Swamp Head.
  8. Roy's is a bit of a hike from your neck of the woods.
  9. kenm2118

kenm2118 Member

Visting grandparents in Florida
  10. SwillBilly

SwillBilly Member

Just came back from the Treasure Coast yesterday. House of Brews in Jensen Beach had all of those as well.
  11. SauceBoss

SauceBoss Member

If you can make it to East Orlando Pats Liquors, Shamrock, and Big Cs all had the Humidor Series IPA the last time I was there (all three in last two weeks).