1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Michael on tap at HOTD taproom

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by John_M, Dec 28, 2012.

1. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,100) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Often times Alan will put something on special for the holidays. This year, apparently, it's the 2012 Michael. The 2012 Doggie Claws is also on tap as well.

This was as of 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

Was not a huge fan of the 2009 Michael, but the 2012 tap version is just delicious. GF talked me into getting a sampler, or I wouldn't have tried it. Really, really glad that I did.

Really like the current batch of Blue Dot they have on tap right now as well.

(was surprised how popular the tap roon was on an early Thursday afternoon. We got the last two seats at the bar; the place was damn near packed!)
  2. Yeah, I had tasters of the Michael and Doggie Claws yesterday as well. Really enjoyed both. The best part of the visit though was the surprise that they had a few special bottles for sale...
  3. John_M

:) I promised I wouldn't say anything about that. Also, it wasn't clear if those bottles were only on sale yesterday, or through the holidays.
  4. Yeah, I debated saying anything about it, but if anyone wants to check it out, they can go down to the brewery. A couple of the beers were already gone last night. Not sure how long the bottles are for sale either.
  5. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Figures... I'm coming up Jan. 16 through that weekend. Anyone want anything from Texas, let me know.
  6. John_M

I don't recall either. Wendy just handed me an old envelope that had the available beers listed. Several had already been crossed off.

I'll be attending a huge tasting event in SEPA next month (annual Stone Soup gathering). A lot of folks bring some amazing beers to it (various vintages of Dark Lord, Kate, CBS, growlers of hopslam, etc.). This year, I will too.
    beefandbean22 likes this.
  7. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

Was there any Adam From the Wood? I'm out of town so wouldn't be able to pick any up. Just curious.
  8. I don't remember seeing it on the list
  9. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (275) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

It is just the leftover bottles from the last dock sale. Looks like everything is still available except magnums and 12 oz. of Fred from wood (including Matt!).
  10. crusian

Would a nice BA buy me some matt until I get up there? I'll buy you a beer when I get there. :)
  11. John_M

Shrug. I'd help you if I could, but I won't be around then I'm afraid. Still... there will almost certainly be bottles of Matt available at the tasting room for on premise consumption. You really don't want to enjoy a bottle there?
  12. crusian

I'm sure I will. I need to pay Wendy a visit. Been two years now... way too long.