1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Michigan Brewer Odd Side Ales Citra Pale Ale Closer To Bottling?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by MichPaul, Feb 18, 2013.

1. HardyA

HardyA Savant (265) Michigan Jan 26, 2013

Picked Up a bottle today. First time trying this one. Enjoyed it immensely.

MichPaul likes this.
  2. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (675) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

Anyone else get a butter flavor? Just curious how isolated my sixpack was. I got a 2nd opinion from another BA who agreed with me that it tasted totally different. Hopefully just a mistreated six pack or bad bottles.

3. Look out for their session IPA simcoe sensation this week bottles should be hitting your locals

szmnnl99 likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

Look out! Bottled on May 3.

5. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (635) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Had it on tap at Odd Sides. Took me a while to get used to the hop profile, but after a while, I loved it! Bought 2 bottles but have not cracked one yet.

6. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Loving the Odd Side artwork.

So someone mentioned some Diacetyl in the Citra? I haven't picked up on any in my bottles, but some people are more sensitive to it, so that could be the case. Have you noticed it in other beers that others have not as well?

7. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (675) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

No, in fact the 1st 2 sixers were great, the next sixer was all diacetyl flavored. Even had a fellow BA confirm it. I sent them and email, and they said if I was ever at the brewery, they'd take care of it. I wasn't looking for anything, it was bottled on 3/21/13.

8. Had a similar experience with the CPA, quite good the first time I bought it and subsequent purchases were off-tasting. I attributed to growing pains as they start bottling.

The Simcoe Sensation I had last night was quite good, but really not much different than Founders All Day, IMO.