Michigan Brewery Tour

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by IPANinja, Jan 31, 2013.

1. IPANinja

IPANinja Disciple (55) Illinois Sep 24, 2010

Happening the weekend of 3/29 - 3/31/13. Gonna get me some Founder's KBS. Anyone gonna make the trip?

For the Michiganders out there -- any spots I should check out besides the obvious ones?

2. Get ready for some opinions. I would really recommend hitting up Kuhnhenn if you're going to be in the Detroit area at all, since, even in Michigan, it's difficult to get their beer. That said, two of the best stores in GR are Siciliano's and International Beverage. A trip down to the Dark Horse taproom would be sweet too, especially if you can get your hands on BBA Pt5. And then of course Eccentric Cafe. Maybe they'll still have Black Note on tap...

Cheers. I was just there a few weeks ago, it was great.

3. Arcadia and Kuhnhenn arent on the obvious list, but you should def go. Kuhnhenn Double Rice IPA blew my mind, and I thoroughly enjoyed Arcadia Cereal Killer and BBA Shipwreck. Dark Horse is always a good idea as well.

Mothergoose03 likes this.
  4. RayB3

RayB3 Aspirant (30) Jan 28, 2013

Check out Brewery Vivant on K-zoo for sure. They make great stuff and it's in an old funeral home, awesome! I did a trip last spring with a friend from NYC. Gave them a heads up and they gave us a nice discount and a tour of the brewery. I highly recommend.

5. RayB3

RayB3 Aspirant (30) Jan 28, 2013

-sorry, Grand Rapids, not Kalamazoo. I'd have to agree with the others as well.

6. ja1022

ja1022 Aficionado (220) Indiana Sep 27, 2009

Hop of exit 12 in Michigan on your way up, or back, or both, and hit Greenbush.

I'd also consider a trip to Odd Side Ales in Grand Haven.

7. Perrin

MarcatGSB likes this.
  8. The non-imperial raspberry from Perrin is delish.

9. IPANinja

IPANinja Disciple (55) Illinois Sep 24, 2010

Thanks folks!

10. TypsiYpsi

TypsiYpsi Savant (335) Michigan Jul 27, 2012

I definitely second OddSide in Grand Haven as a must stop. They brew some awesome beers that aren't bottled. It's about a half hour West from the typical GR stops.